Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2001, 04:16 PM   #1
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.
Angry Termination of Free iClicks Service

Hi all,

I just converted all my pages to iClicks from Hitbox. Now it seems I'll have to convert them back again.

(quote on)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Termination of Free iClicks Service. Please upgrade now and save up to 50%.

You have 25 days left to upgrade. The last day is April 1, 2001. Please review the following upgrade information, then click here to continue to your iClicks stats.

On behalf of the MyComputer.com Team, thank you for using our free iClicks product.
Until now, you have enjoyed our free iClicks service without charge. We have supported this service through advertising, but due to a recent and sudden downturn in the Internet advertising industry, MyComputer.com is no longer able to continue offering this free service without incurring substantial losses.

In accordance with the MyComputer.com iClicks user agreement, either party, meaning yourself or MyComputer.com, may cancel the agreement at any time. Accordingly, this is your official notification that we are terminating your iClicks contract with MyComputer.com effective March 7, 2001. After this date, you will no longer accrue any earnings for the banners displayed on your Web site(s). A final check for any outstanding earnings to you will be issued at the end of April, provided your iClicks earnings balance is $15 or more as of the cancellation date. In accordance with the contract, no checks will be issued for less than $15, and any earnings balances below that amount will be forfeited.

We will, however, continue to offer our paid Web site stats service. In order to express our gratitude for your membership, we are offering discounts on all three paid levels of SuperStats, SuperStats Standard, SuperStats Professional and SuperStats Premium, of up to 50% off the regular yearly price. This is a savings of at least $60 and is by far the greatest discount we've ever offered on these products.

(quote off)

Gratitude? Did they actually use the word GRATITUDE? http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
Rhea
yuckles.com
bigdancelist.com
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 07:02 PM   #2
firstmark

Unhappy

So they are going from offering free stats for displaying their ad banners for which you are paid 10 cents a click to a model where you pay and get nothing at all for free?
What ever happened to staggering things. If they thought they wouldn't be able to support iclicks then you would think they would at least run the program without paying for clicks but still providing stats a while

And their rates are sky high. No content oriented publisher is going to be able to afford them without spending three times the amount they receive in ad revenue for their traffic analysis which isn't sound financially.

firstmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 07:04 PM   #3
firstmark

Unhappy

I guess now the substitutes for superstats
are hitbox.com and webtrendslive.com

The only problem with hitbox is they don't track referral url data for each page; just your main page. So to have referral data for all your pages you would have to set up a million accounts, and then you wouldn't have the path anaylsis of your traffic.

Does webtrendslive track referral data for every page or just your main page?
firstmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:52 PM   #4
chris256

Cool

Hello,

you can try http://www.addfreestats.com
chris256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 11:33 PM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Yet another provider that terminates their program with no advance notice.

What a bummer. I only had about $13 in my account, so it looks as though I'll be donating that to MyComputer.com. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

Oh well, back to Burst! below-the-folds, and HitBox stats.

------------------
Czar
Net-Ads - Webmaster Resource Center
iOnline Network
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 06:28 AM   #6
BlazeBox
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Cool

www.counted.com also is a really, really nice remote website statistics provider - a big advantage is that they don't spawn ugly buttons on your page ... a recommendation when you like hitbox or liked superstats http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Have a great day,

Mike
BlazeBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 07:30 AM   #7
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

i had US$40 on my iclicks account http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

looks like hitbox has improved.. webtrendslive i think is already moving to a paying non-free service as well

------------------[*]Australian Neon Genesis Evangelion[*]film - writers - reviewers - reporters - designers[*]FanBuy.com indevelopment
singloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 07:36 AM   #8
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

You're safe Singloon. The minimum payout is $15, so you should receive compensation.

------------------
Czar
Net-Ads - Webmaster Resource Center
iOnline Network
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:15 AM   #9
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Czar:
You're safe Singloon. The minimum payout is $15, so you should receive compensation.

yeah paid 120 days later ! 4 months after i go over US$15

------------------[*]Australian Neon Genesis Evangelion[*]film - writers - reviewers - reporters - designers[*]FanBuy.com indevelopment
singloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 04:56 PM   #10
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.
Unhappy

Firstmark wrote:

"The only problem with hitbox is they don't track referral url data for each page; just your main page. So to have referral data for all your pages you would have to set up a million accounts, and then you wouldn't have the path anaylsis of your traffic."

Well, that's certainly true. And when I previously used Hitbox I had decided that it was more important to me to know where my referrals were coming from than to have site path and unique visitor details. But...if I do decide to 're-up' with HItbox, this time I'll have one account for all my pages.

I doubt that ad agencies, looking at how unprofessional my index pages look, realize how many page views they get a day. I know that 3,000 page views a day isn't huge...but heck...after the flood perhaps...SOME ad agency might find me a worthwhile publisher...if they can *verify* my page views/unique visitors.

Well, one can only hope. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Rhea
yuckles.com
bigdancelist.com
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote