Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-1999, 05:01 PM   #1
WildComputer

Default Uproar

FWIW
1. This program is not working for me. I get 20 visitors or so per day to the games. Done this for last 2 months or so. Total earnings to date = $2

2. FWIW I thought I'd share my other comments on this program : they didn't reply to e-mails when I had problems at the start (it took about 4 or 5 e-mails at approximately weekly intervals before I got a response). Supposedly bi-weekly stats e-mails are not always forthcoming.

3. There doesn't appear to be a way to set the minimum check value (or is there - please tell me if you know). You just get a check when you reach $50. This is definitely bad news for those of us outside the U.S.

Maybe it's just me, but I think this program is overrated. If anybody has an ideas on how to make this program work, please let me know. To give you an idea - I am doing substantially better on the banners on my trivia games page than I am on the games themselves.
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-1999, 03:14 AM   #2
fairhousing
Member.

Yeap, I checked it out before and I'd rate it as pooh pooh. It's one of those programs you join and make a few bucks on, but will never see the money because you drop the ads, therefore, not being able to make the minimum payout.
fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-1999, 03:27 AM   #3
WildComputer

I can't figure out why Ryan gave it a good rating (unless I'm doing something dumb)

Conversion rate is terrible

I reckon I've had 2000 people _play_ or atleast choose to visit the trivia games page (they have to click on a link to get there).

Approx equivalent
$2/2000 = $0.001 per click
(that's not a typo I mean a tenth of a cent)

I guess the home page link might disappear in my next site up date. Though I'll probably leave the directory there for as long as I have spare disk space.

What's worst about it is I don't even think the games are that great.

Having said that I might keep the games, as my visitors seem to agree and like to sign-up for other banners I put on that page (maybe this is just to get away ???)

[This message has been edited by WildComputer (edited 05-29-99).]
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote