Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2004, 08:34 PM   #16
Nintendo
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Blarg!!! Any one else get this??!! er what was that migration for??!!!! They have no idea when we will get the funds!

Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTICE : myPaySystems Forced to Terminate its Internet Billing Account (IBA)
Services Effective Immediately

Dear myPaySystems merchant,

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we must terminate our myPaySystems Internet
Billing Account (IBA) services. This unfortunate situation is due in part to,
restrictions imposed by the VISA/MasterCard association on processing of Internet credit
card transactions by third party billing companies, and, our acquirer Pago eTransaction
Services GmbH/Deutsche Bank, suspending our accounts and accelerating the termination of
our IBA processing capabilities.

All merchants currently processing through an IBA will no longer be able to process
transactions and we are forced to give notice that effective immediately, August 9, 2004,
your myPaySystems IBA Agreement is terminated. Further, as per section 9.3(e), notice is
given that all funds must be held pending risk review of each account. At this time no
release schedule is available, as each case attracts its own risk profile. There are also
external factors which require final determination. Once we ascertain the resolution of
your risk scenario, your funds may be released in the normal course.

As we valued your business, we pursued all possible alternative processing options for our
merchants and had implemented a transition plan to migrate all of our qualified merchants
from a myPaySystems IBA to their own merchant accounts. It was due to the sudden actions
of Pago eTransaction Services GmbH/Deutsche Bank that we were unable to complete the
migration. If you continue to require online payment processing services you may contact
other payment processors that provide similar services. Searching for “process credit
cards online” in any search engine will provide you with possible alternatives.

At this time PaySystems will only accept written communication concerning this matter,
addressed to:

myPaySystems
attn: Legal Department
1500 University Ave., Suite 920
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3A 3S7

We would like to extend our sincerest apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause to
your business. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult
time.

Sincerely,
myPaySystems Management
Old 08-09-2004, 09:17 PM   #17
Steve_S

<gulp>

NO. I did not recieve any such notice nor does my admin say anything about this.

Are you 100% sure that this is a legit/valid email? NOT 90% but 100% please Natch, check the headers very carefully.
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:34 PM   #18
Czar

Webmaster

Scary. I haven't received the email either.

Do you remember what the subject line was?

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:44 PM   #19
Nintendo

I first found out about this on another message board, and then went into the Control Center and got this message...
Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Technical Difficulties

A technical issue has resulted in disruption of transaction processing for all card types. Our technical team is working diligently to resolve this situation. At this time, we do not have an anticipated time for resolution.

Please note that your account will not be assessed any fees for declined transactions.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your understanding.

Merchant Support Services
PaySystems Corporation
And then checked my mail. Here's the E-mail header...
Quote:
Return-Path: <bulletin@mypaysystems.com>
Received: from mtl2.paysystems.com (mtl2.paysystems.com [207.107.231.111])
by mailhost.pioneer-net.com (8.12.11/8.12.11) with ESMTP id i79MpOJX003294
for <spam@pioneer-net.com>; Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:51:25 -0700
Received: from mail pickup service by www.paysystems.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC;
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:56:54 -0400
Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Account_Notice:_myPaySystems_Terminates_IBA_Se rvices?=
Sender: "=?iso-8859-1?Q?bulletin@mypaysystems=2Ecom?=" <bulletin@mypaysystems.com>
From: "=?iso-8859-1?Q?bulletin@mypaysystems=2Ecom?=" <bulletin@mypaysystems.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:56:54 -0400
To: "" <spam@pioneer-net.com>
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-USER_IP: 66.131.80.232
X-Mailer: JMail 4.4 by Dimac
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Message-ID: <WINPRD03iR9Odutox7n00000455@www.paysystems.com>
I've changed my sites to link to PayPal for orders.

Subject: Account Notice: myPaySystems Terminates IBA Services

Edit: Takes my E-mail address out of header!

Last edited by Nintendo; 08-09-2004 at 09:49 PM.
Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 10:10 PM   #20
Steve_S

Yep, the email you posted is legit. Thank you Dr. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I just have to tell you that reading 75 usless posts in other forums to get to the meat and potatoes of the issue is a waste of MY time and just might explain why WE are so dam good with stuff in a single post and remaining on TOPIC.

< take that! /eat your hearts out /end vent>

FACTS:

I spoke to Christopher at 1-866-699-9023 a few minutes ago.

1. Accounts and charges under the NEW system which you and I recently migrated to are not affected. This means you migrated to their new system and took charges under the new system. NO change in procedures.

2. Charges, holdbacks, and wires under the OLD system ARE effected. The disposition of my 3 years of holdbacks is unknown. The dispositions of any pending wires (under the old system I don't think I have any) is unknown.

Last edited by Steve_S; 08-09-2004 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:23 PM   #21
Nintendo

When I log in it looks like I am still on the old system, like I havn't been moved to the new system. I havn't got the daily settlements yet, was still just paid on Thursday.

I think I'll try E-mailing them! They might of sent me that notice cause I wasn't completly moved over.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:31 PM   #22
Steve_S

CALL them You get to listen to classical music. Forget email at this stage. They can key in your account while you talk. Listen to the geek type your stuff.

Email is a waste under these circumstances.

Conformation at last from another source:

"webtech
Web Hosting Evangelist

Just got off the Live Chat with PaySystems...

ME> I just seen the announcement that PaySystems was closing accounts. Is that just the old IBA/IMA accounts or does it include those who have already migrated?
Christophe> One moment please.
Christophe> It is just the old IBA and IMA accounts. The newly migrated accounts are not affected.

There you have it. Whoever was lucky enough to get migrated has nothing to worry about and anyone who signs up on a new merchant account will be fine. Just those who hadn't been migrated including international accounts that are out of luck.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:50 PM   #23
Nintendo

Talk about busy! I'm waiting on the chat and started out at #11 in line and am now at 8th place right now. I've never had to wait before for a chat!!

I think I might be dumped from not being fully migrated, and if I have been, I'm sure I'll be able to re-sign-up.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:27 AM   #24
Nintendo

Here's the chat I FINALLY got at 12:30 AM PST!

Sean: Welcome. I'll be with you in a moment...
******-Jesse Smith: Have I been migrated over to the new system yet? I got that notice today. If I havn't been, would I need to re-signup?
Sean: you've sent in the documentation?
******-Jesse Smith: yes, and through E-mail some one said they did get them.
Sean: Just a moment please while I review your account.
******-Jesse Smith: 7/19 *****@paysystems.com: Thank you for your prompt reply. I have received your documents and I will see to it that they get sent out for processing.
Sean: it appears based on ticket info that you were migrated as the documents were approved

And then the server or he ended the chat! I'll wait until the Control Panel looks updated, I get the payments for current orders, and know I'm still in before I change the links back. It does say my Processing Status is 'LIVE', but I'm still on the old versions...

PAYMENT SERVER v3.6a
CLIENT SERVER v3.5

Last edited by Nintendo; 08-10-2004 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:08 PM   #25
Nintendo

It looks like I'm back in. For a day it said I was off-line, then yesterday it went to live, and today I got this notice in the Control Panel page.
Quote:
Congratulations on the successful migration of your account to the new platform. You are now processing transactions through your own merchant account and will notice changes in the presentation of settlement data. Due to Visa/Mastercard regulations you will now be receiving your settlement data directly from our processing bank or American Express and Discover if you are processing these cards. The MCC will still give you a complete and accurate view of all transactions made through your account but will not show the final settlements that are being made to your bank account. For complete information on the new settlement process go to "Merchant Settlement" in "Merchant Profile".
Though with all this trouble, I'm not sure if I should change the links back, or stay with PayPal. PayPal seams to have one plus, way more people know and trust PayPal. For now I'll wait a while and see if using PayPal increases the number of orders from almost every one knowing about them.

Last edited by Nintendo; 08-12-2004 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:53 PM   #26
Steve_S

Dr. !!!!

Congrats. You have certainly been through hell.

I would suggest giving your buyers the paySystem option along side PayPal. For the following reasons:

It enhaces your image. It just looks better
My sence is that the fraud check is much better
A lot of folks must use a visa and can't or won't touch PayPal with a ten foot pole
Under the new paysystems plan your funds reach your business account faster than with PayPal

Having said this I'm trying to audit my business bank account for the PaySystems wires and it's tough because each transaction has 2 entries. The gross is wired in. Then the fee is debited. It would be so much easier if it was just one net net transaction.

I'm not done but so far I don't see any droped transactions/wires under the old system and the new system wires seem to be correct.

If I had a lot of transactions, shipped hard good, or generated a high dollar amounts per month, I would just get a merchant account and be done with it.

Edit: I just looked at your sell page. Change the price to $49.95. It looks so much less exspensive than $50.00 and this technique has been used in retailing for decades

HTH

Last edited by Steve_S; 08-14-2004 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:16 PM   #27
Nintendo

And some people can't use PayPal! I've had two users that couldn't use PayPal!! Now both the image to PayPal and the text link to PaySystem is up, and prices have been changed to .95. Yep, I've hurd about those studies on the pricing.

Quote:
Various explanations are offered for the widespread use of odd pricing. One explanation is that customers see an odd price as being much cheaper than it actually is in relation to the nearest round figure. That is, customers see a price of $4.99 as being closer to four dollars than nearly five dollars. It is believed that this illusion of much cheaper products triggers an enhanced buyer response (Boyd & Massy 1972).

An explanation for this rationale is that people have only a limited capacity for storing information. Brenner & Brenner (1982) believe that because consumers are exposed to a continuous flow of information on prices, they store only the more valuable message, the first digits of a number. Thus when a price is $4.99, a consumer will recall that the price is $4.00, then maybe that it is $4.90, but rarely that it is exactly $4.99. The reason offered for not instead rounding $4.99 to $5.00 is based on memory processing time. Rounding upward involves an additional decision compared with storing the first digits. Furthermore, due to the vast quantity of information available for consumers to process, the information on price must be stored in a very short interval. The cheapest way to do so, in memory and attention terms, is by storing the first digits.
Source: marketing-bulletin.massey.ac.nz/article8/research1b.asp
Old 08-18-2004, 03:36 AM   #28
Steve_S

Great.....welcome to ecommerce </joke>

BTW, I looked at your myPaySystem cart and when you get a chance, complete the branding of same with a little bit more than just the word "Webmaster"

Tell them your site name again along with a full description of exactly what they are about to purchace via PaySystems. You are reinforcing the sale.

Also, you can publish the fact that YOU accept Visa, MCharge, etc and not use the word myPaySystems alone.

Like this:

We accept all major Credit Cards via our secure server.