Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2001, 01:52 AM   #1
ccole
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Default Has adding a Bottom Banner affected your CTR?

I recently experimented a little with putting a bottom banner on my website, and it seems that without question, my CTR on my TOP banner has just gone through the floor. There is no way I can afford to keep this bottom banner without getting deleted from both companies. Has anyone else found the same problem?
ccole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 05:08 AM   #2
PaulT

Well remove the bottom banner

I only use the bottom banner for CPA purposes as the CTR is pathetic for anything else...
PaulT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 06:17 AM   #3
Meowser

For some reason I've always had a higher ctr on my bottom banners - go figure - unless it's because they are more targetted towards my visitors than my rep for the top banners. I usually cpa type stuff on the bottom though I've never actually figured out what kind of cpm rate I get that way.
Meowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 08:37 AM   #4
maddeningcrowds

I'm the same, the bottom banner is all CPAs, and they are more targetted because I get to choose which CPAs to use.

The other reason is, people will only click on the top if it grabs their attention AWAY from what's on the page. But by the time they've got to the BOTTOM of the page they've finished reading, so they're ready to click...
maddeningcrowds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 12:47 PM   #5
jpoc

I use CPC banners at the bottom of my pages and I get a 0.9% CTR on the general untargetted ones.

That is the same CTR as that reported by the agency for their network average.

I run hybrid banex/CPM ads at the top of the page and those get a CTR of between one and two percent from month to month depending on the mix I guess.

I have a few CPA ads on pages where I can get decent targetting and they do well wherever they are on the page.

jpoc

Last edited by jpoc; 11-24-2001 at 12:50 PM.
jpoc is offline   Reply With Quote