Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2001, 12:15 AM   #1
cisco_systems_#38050

Unhappy Complaint: Standard Internet (AllClicks)

2) Your complete and full real name

Tony Zhou

3) The exact URL of your site where this issue occurred
www.ashlan.com

4) Your email address of record with the vendor in question

zhout@ashlan.com

5) The nature and timing of your contact efforts via email and or phone.

Sent email to admin@allclicks.com on April 25, 2001 and to stevec@standardinternet.com on May 6, 2001

6) The exact nature of your complaint. Devoid of profanity, efforts to defeat our filter, with your own facts and not here say. Please be civil, very specific, and adhere to our Posting Guidelines and our Rules.

I has been unable to login into my account since mid-April (username: ashlanfly). Also, I still have not received my March payment for the amount of $2514.15 and April payment for the amount of ~$900. I do not believe that I have violated any rules because I did received $1566.28 payment for February. Up till Mid-April, I have been allclicks-linked the frontpage search box (the majority source of click thru for our account) and the 404 error page.
Old 06-10-2001, 11:06 PM   #2
Borga

Unhappy

I think it is Standard Internet's policy not to explain or inform you if they terminate your account due to what they believe to be fraud. Getting paid for February is no indication that you weren't undertaking fraudulent activity. If you were, perhaps they just didn't catch you until after that payment.

This is not intended to suggest that you were engaging in fraudulent activity. But this board is not intended to be a forum to send complaints to Standard Internet.
Old 06-10-2001, 11:11 PM   #3
gethosted

Unhappy

Quote:
This is not intended to suggest that you were engaging in fraudulent activity. But this board is not intended to be a forum to send complaints to Standard Internet.
I hate to sound like a moderator, but read the forum rules http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif. It's allowed when there's a complaint that cannot be resolved between an individual and a company. If you have any more questions, I'm sure Steve_S would be proud to feild them for you, so let's let the two sides state their sides, and not let this get off topic.

------------------
Ezcoolpages: Free 20 megs webhosting for all sites, including celeb.
Harsh Rejection: Send a clever personalized E-poem to show your true feelings.
Celeb Banner Exchange
Old 06-10-2001, 11:25 PM   #4
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

Thank you gethosted. Item 5 at:
http://www.geekvillage.com/posting_guide_for_bb.htm

Please, no further comments and or posts from either the topic starter or Borga. Thank you.

------------------
Steve_S
Administrator/Owner/Webmaster/Tribal Chief/Janitor
Read what our Members think of geek/talk.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant." -Horace
Old 06-11-2001, 05:34 AM   #5
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

Good Morning. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Robert Mooney, CEO
Standard Internet Corp.
303 Lippincott Dr. STE 220
Marlton, NJ 08055 USA
1-877-DOMAIN-5 http://www.StandardInternet.com
admin@standardinternet.com or admin@allclicks.com

Admin noticed a discrepency to the amount of traffic being sent by the affiliates PopUpTraffic account and the affiliates AllClicks account, both programs were on the http://www.ashlan.com page.
An AllClicks link on the page was sending approx. 3500 unique clicks/day while the PopUpTraffic pop up java script was only being called approx. 60 times/day.
Comments on the account by the admin state highly irregular traffic patterns, almost no external links to the ashlan.com website, and no MediaMetrix listing for a website that would need to be in the 2,500,000 visitor/month range in order to send out 4000 clicks/day on a single link.
Admin requested that IP logging be turned on for this account and it was determined that nearly 100% of the traffic was coming from open anonymous proxys outside the USA and the proxys were being repeated in a regular pattern.

The admin correctly flagged, investigated, documented and then terminated the affiliate and the affiliates login was immediately disabled.

Old 06-11-2001, 06:33 AM   #6
notfunnyanymore

Unhappy

Wow. That's the most thorough explination of an account termination I've ever read.
Old 06-11-2001, 06:55 AM   #7
WildComputer

Unhappy

As per Item 5 of our Posting Guide, this issue is closed on this BB.
Closed Thread