Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2001, 10:31 AM   #1
havaloc

Unhappy doubleclick showing defaults now

I was looking around on epinions last night, on product reviews for cordless phones (any recommendations?). I'm pretty sure that Doubleclick is serving for epinions, and I was very suprised to see doubleclick start showing default ads. The ad was for their "ad selling solutions". This could be very bad.

------------------
http://www.coins2cash.com/infoadvs.asp - Unlimited Impressions and Clickthroughs for 30 days for only $59.
havaloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2001, 11:06 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

DoubleClick has been open about their dire short-term outlook for banner ad sales, expressing about a month ago that the only part of their sales and representation business that is still seeing growth is their email marketing.

I, too, have seen several PSA banners running on sites represented by DoubleClick (not just served by DART), including a few properties belonging to major media brands. Still, given the state of the market as a whole, I don't see the presence of defaults as a major disaster. It's merely indicative of an overall excess of inventory.

If anyone here is represented by DoubleClick, and not bound by a non-disclosure agreement, it would be great if you could post the approximate average CPM rate that you are seeing through the firm.

As a guess, judging by Engage's rates for its consumer network, which have traditionally been approx 1/2 that seen through the DoubleClick Network, I imagine that most DoubleClick sites are still seeing average Net CPMs of just over $1, which remains enough to support slimmed-down media operations, especially if complemented by alternative revenue streams.

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote