Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2001, 02:11 PM   #1
MeTa

Question Anyone Making Big Money?

Hi, Nice to see that im not alone making money from my web sites, this is very helpfull. I would like to know if some people in here are making more then 1,500$us monthly and if yes from what sponsors.

Is there anyone that would suggest me a good sponsors that pays always on time and not every 4 months.... something such as valueclick.

Here some program that im running and have been successfull for few months

Valueclick
Adsearches
Webshots
Onresponse
Sponsorships.com
Fastclick

So any1 is rich from working in sponsors??? =)

MeTa
MeTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 02:34 PM   #2
musicinsight

Unhappy

We're all pretty stoked about our sites.

CPMs are going through the roof.

Pretty soon, we'll be able to get out of the website business and retire. Just read the other threads on this site for more details.

------------------
Webmaster Resources - http://www.websavvy.org/
musicinsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 02:36 PM   #3
pk

Unhappy

I think that Standard Internet is good. I think you will earn alot from it. http://www.standardinternet.com

---
also, try www.search123.com www.searchbucks.com www.mojosearch.com www.focalex.com

just my 2 euro. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
pk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 02:55 PM   #4
dbcooper

Unhappy

>would like to know if some people in here are making more then 1,500$us monthly

Yup. More than that on just affiliate programs, which account for less than half of revenues. The rest comes from straight sale of ads/sponsorships.

>from what sponsors.
Sorry, non-disclosure clauses

#1 - travel booking engine
#2 - another travel booking engine
#3 - real estate
#4 - yellow page search
#5 - general search box
#6 - another real estate search
#7 - outdoor sports

dbcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 03:03 PM   #5
MeTa

Unhappy

Dbcooper: ok i see but my question was with CPC AND CPM sponsors not affiliate.
But why if lots of ppl are getting 1,500$ monthly check for 1 sponsors 1 account ...

Nobody taught about making 10 www sites.... and having 5 sponsors per site... that means 50 monthly check of 1,500$ = 75,000$US per month... If you guys can make 1,500 per month doing nothing why dont you cant make 75,000 like some people (maybe not like me but... only me knows)

I was asking for CPC CPM program that pays WEEKLY or Bi-Weekly or monthly and that you dant have to wait a quater before getting the money!!

MeTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 03:25 PM   #6
Lil_Red

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by MeTa:
Dbcooper: ok i see but my question was with CPC AND CPM sponsors not affiliate.
But why if lots of ppl are getting 1,500$ monthly check for 1 sponsors 1 account ...

My impression here is that most people mix up multiple sponsors as most ad companies are failing rapidly as proven by the number of defaults they serve.

Nobody taught about making 10 www sites.... and having 5 sponsors per site... that means 50 monthly check of 1,500$ = 75,000$US per month... If you guys can make 1,500 per month doing nothing why dont you cant make 75,000 like some people (maybe not like me but... only me knows)

It's not that simple. If you put too many ads on a page, you drive your traffic away. Nobody wants to visit a site with 5 or 10 ads on it. A second reason people do not do this is their ad contracts do not permit it.

I was asking for CPC CPM program that pays WEEKLY or Bi-Weekly or monthly and that you dant have to wait a quater before getting the money!!

You will need to check each ad contract to determine payout. Myself, I mix biweekly, net30, net60 and quarterly up so there is always revenue coming in.

[This message has been edited by Lil_Red (edited 02-13-2001).]
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 05:26 PM   #7
wsz

Unhappy

Quote:
ok i see but my question was with CPC AND CPM sponsors not affiliate.

I use CPM, CPC, and CPA/affiliate/pay-per-lead/sale. Money is money, regardless of how the earnings are calculated, and there are some sponsors that are very relevant to my content, which only pay per lead/sale.

Quote:

One of my sites has more than ninety different sponsors with rotating banners and/or text links integrated into the content (although most of those are within affiliate networks like CJ and LinkShare.)

Quote:

What do mean, "doing nothing"? This is like any other job - it requires *work*. You *don't* just turn the computer on and sit around waiting for the cheques to arrive. Ten different sites means ten times as much work.

Quote:
I was asking for CPC CPM program that pays WEEKLY or Bi-Weekly or monthly and that you dant have to wait a quarter before getting the money!!

I think ValueClick pays bi-weekly, and numerous other companies pay monthly (if you reach the minimum payout amount.) But I still run some CPA/affiliate ads that have a quarterly cycle. I don't like it, but that is the just way it is. The most important thing is that the sponsors are relevant, and that the money does eventually come in.

------------------
Web Sponsor Zone - Internet Advertising Directory
http://www.websponsorzone.com
Earn Money With Your Site
wsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 05:32 PM   #8
dbcooper

Unhappy

>my question was with CPC
Nope, I'm not doing $1500/mo with any individual CPC merchant. I'm relatively new to actively pursuing CPC, my biggest single merchant is currently coming in at $400/mo and I expect it to top out at $800 (I'm at the low point of my season).

>If you put too many ads on a page, you drive your traffic away.

Except for some sites like "freebie directories" this is true. The real trick is to find solid, stable programs that actually provide additional content for your site. I came to CPC because I felt I was too dependent on the travel booking engines for affiliate revenue. My goal is to diversify my pool of merchants to 10 or 12 that can sustain a minimum -as a group- of $60/day year-round. Other affiliate revenue would be added to reach my target of $100/day of "core" revenue. My private sales are not included in this figure.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a Netsetter or Autobytel monthly check for $8k but (A) it's not going to happen on my type of site and (B) I'd be worried that my SuperMerchant would pull the plug on the program just when I got used to having the check come in. Drastic once said "I go to CJ daily to see which programs have folded during the night." -too true. I had the same dread that my top program could change, too.... and that's why I'm here studying up.

[This message has been edited by dbcooper (edited 02-13-2001).]
dbcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 06:18 PM   #9
Paperboy

Unhappy

Excellent point about not putting all your eggs in one basket. Anyone who has been in this game for a while knows that the next message in your Inbox could be the one telling you that your biggest money earner has just been axed.

------------------
The Paperboy
Paperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 10:29 PM   #10
cyrex
Member.

Unhappy

I agree with paperboy!

Also if you are looking for pay per click you might want to check out udate.com the pay per click. I personally nenver heard any info about them so if anybody would share it, it would be good to know! Also the expect you to sign up certain ammount of people for certain ammount of clicks, does anybody have this data.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paperboy:
Excellent point about not putting all your eggs in one basket. Anyone who has been in this game for a while knows that the next message in your Inbox could be the one telling you that your biggest money earner has just been axed.

cyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 04:21 AM   #11
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

Cyrex, check out this thread:
http://geekvillage.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/004518.html
for more info regarding uDate's CPC program.

------------------
Czar
Net-Ads - Webmaster Resource Center
iOnline Network
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote