Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2000, 01:08 PM   #1
babble

Cool

So how much do you think I can make with about 800,000-1,000,000 hits monthly or what our ad rates should be?
babble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2000, 01:37 PM   #2
fairhousing
Member.

Talking

try unified gamers online

------------------

fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2000, 03:54 PM   #3
cheatindex

Cool

Funny you should suggest that.

I am currently with UGO. They pay in ranges, so if your site falls between this and that - you get paid this no mater the difference.

If you get lots of traffic, 4-7 mil, they'll probably give you 1.85- 2 something CPM for your inventory to keep.

Else, you get lower rates.
cheatindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2000, 07:26 PM   #4
gladius

Smile

I would recomend flycast (www.flycast.com), either the CPM and/or CPC networks. We are making about $2.90-$3.30 on CPM this month and about $3.75 on CPC. So payout could depend on your CTR. They have been responsive to any issues / questions we have had.

I would also consider Adtegrity (www.adtegrity.com) We have just started using them as an alternate to flycast and they have been very responsive to inquries. Although, we have yet to serve any real volume yet, they do not have any special provisons about: meta refresh, placement (besides there ads on a page) and pay $1.50+ net minimum (all cpuld be handy, especially the latter in January).

I shoudl also point out that we only started serving in December, so these rates _may be_ low given our site has not had tiem to get "sold" to various targeted campaigns.

Dave
gladius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2000, 07:27 PM   #5
gladius

Smile

I would recomend flycast (www.flycast.com), either the CPM and/or CPC networks. We are making about $2.90-$3.30 on CPM this month and about $3.75 on CPC. So payout could depend on your CTR. They have been responsive to any issues / questions we have had.

I would also consider Adtegrity (www.adtegrity.com) We have just started using them as an alternate to flycast and they have been very responsive to inquries. Although, we have yet to serve any real volume yet, they do not have any special provisons about: meta refresh, placement (besides there ads on a page) and pay $1.50+ net minimum (all cpuld be handy, especially the latter in January).

I shoudl also point out that we only started serving in December, so these rates _may be_ low given our site has not had tiem to get "sold" to various targeted campaigns.

Dave
gladius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2000, 12:24 AM   #6
babble

Cool best cpm/cpc for comp gaming site

what is the best best cpm/cpc ad company for comp gaming site?

I would want something at 10-5$ cpm...
babble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2000, 12:47 AM   #7
cheatindex

Cool

Sorry to burst your bubble friend, but for a gaming site, your not going to be getting 5-10 CPM for your entire inventory from ANY ad company.

I run a pretty popular gaming site with around 7.5 million page views monthly, and trust me, your CPM will not be sold that highly.

Gaming individuals are not that much of a targetted group. True they do buy often, but it's easy to find teen males at lots of generic sites.

On the other hand, gaming sites tend to get higher traffic if you work hard at it. That should compensate for the lower CPM rates.

cheatindex is offline   Reply With Quote