Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2005, 03:41 PM   #1
Lavation

Exclamation Fully Developed Network of 8 Photo Rating / Dating Sites

* Wouldn't ordinarily sell sites this young and unproven but I'm being forced to in order to keep my rent to own home. Please read the "pertinent information" for what my plan was. You can buy the sites now cheap and sell high later. *

Topic/Post Title (Short and descriptive):
Fully Developed Network of 8 Photo Rating / Dating Sites

Your name:
Britton Keene

Your Email address:
sales@lavation.com

URL of the sites:
http://www.ceited.com
http://www.teenuprise.com
http://www.lookrate.com
http://www.lookrater.com
http://www.vanitypark.com
http://www.ratebait.com
http://www.picturemeter.com
http://www.scorewithme.com

Age of site:
The sites are relatively new and have only been advertised during the past few weeks. Already showing great success including page ranks of 3 or 4 and the teenuprise.com quiz results with site links have already been posted on hundreds of myspace, xanga, livejournal, other blogs, and homepages.

Traffic statistics (PageViews & Uniques ONLY):
New sites - only submitted to engines a few weeks ago. Already about 300 unique visitors per day.

Source of traffic:
Toplists, Search Engines (Already indexed on Google and Yahoo), Word of Mouth, Quiz Links

Asking price:
$6,000

Gross and net revenue per month (Total):
N/A

The specific source of your revenue (Names/Details for each. DO NOT post your Google AdSense data):
AdSense, Paid Membership Upgrades, Resell (Read Description for details)

Copyright status of the content on the site: OK

Any other pertinent data:
These eight sites all feed each other. When a member signs up on one site, his or her profile, pictures, comments, and messages are on all eight of the sites. All things being equal, this would make the sites grow eight times faster than any one site could alone.

But all things are NOT equal! In fact, they're tilted in your favor. Search engines rank your site based on "relevance". So each of these sites is already extremely relevant to photo rating searches. This network can-- in a small amount of time-- defeat any site that competes against it.

I have not yet advertised these feature-rich sites and already Google has given Pageranks of 3 and 4 to the first four of the eight sites I developed. Upon recrawl/reevaluation, I fully expect each of them to have atleast a 5/10 pagerank and grow from there. These eight sites feed one another members and they feed one another relevance.

The sites have been specially designed to be equal to the Search Engine Optimization task. None of the eight sites is exactly the same. They use different intro text, titles, meta tags, filenames, and more.

Why Did I Develop a Network to Takeover The Photo Rating Market?

I have been selling single photo rating sites for up to $5,000.00 since 2002. They sell for so much because they are traffic beasts and therefor capable of making large amounts of money. On sites where people view dozens of pages per visit, you can imagine how lucrative pay per impression or pay per popup can be. Not only can these sites be profitable by advertising but by limiting the ability to contact hot people in your area. These sites sell upgraded memberships that allow members a multitude of special features like private messages (instead of moderated note sending) and the ability to see instant messenger contacts. But lately there are so many rating sites out there, I needed an edge to make mine the most popular. This network is that edge. With eight sites, I could easily topple the competition. My plan was to let the sites sit for at least a year. (The longer they sit, the more members and the more traffic they gain and the more they're worth.)

A single site, ubeenx.com, recently sold on SitePoint.com for $15,000.00
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...ght=ubeenx.com

That was one rating site less than two years old. Imagine what a network of sites with an advantage could sell for. All you have to do is hold on to them and let them build traffic. They are incredibly easy to manage. Just login occassionally and moderate the photos and comments. The upgrade membership billing is 100% automated. A turnkey network.

They are new and I built them to sit for at least a year so I could sell them for a planned $100,000.00+. Unfortunately, in order to keep my claim on a rent to own house I have to come up with at least $6,000.00 by next week. So, I have nothing else of value but this network. I hope that bidders will be fair and bid considerably more than the $6,000 but since I am in a bind that is all I am setting the reserve for on this auction.

All of these sites have a professional design which I personally made. I have developed the php scripting for the site over a period of three years. The sites use a database of members from a site I owned in 2002, these are real members and were added to give the network a jumpstart since no one would want to participate on an empty rating site. Over 100 pictures have been added already and they've only been indexed on Google and Yahoo for less than a week. These sites are going to be huge and it was a tough decision to choose selling them over losing the house. Again, my loss is your gain.

ZERO RISK!

I always look at auctions as zero risk. Anything I buy at online auction, I could always place right back on there for sale. (Although if you want to make the big money with these, you need to wait until they're high traffic and then sell.)

There are a ton of special features on each site. There are quizzes on TeenUprise.com (which are already all over people's MySpace pages, Xanga, LiveJournal, Blogs, and homepages). Ceited.com generates username pictures in the site font. PictureMeter generates a thermometer of the user's hotness. I couldn't possibly tell you everything about these sites. You just have to check them out. Create an account an explore the 8 sites. Your username and password will work on all 8.

PAGES ON EACH SITE

Entrance Page
Quick Search, Top 3 Members, 3 Newest Members, Intro, Login Box

New User Signup Page
Intelligent scripting prevents mistakes in signing up. Processes uploaded image branding them with your site's nametag.

Member Profile Pages
The profile pages show the user's picture(s), a bar graph of their ratings (or thermometer on PictureMeter), and their profile information. Links are included to post comments and rate their photos.

Photo Rating Pages
Limit rating to Men, Women, Couples or Rate All. Send Rating Pages To a Friend Thru E-mail Script On Page. Post Public Comments or Send Mail. Rate photos 1-10 and see their total scores.

Chat Page
Chatroom for paying members only. "Enter Chat" button is disabled for everyone but preferred members. The page displays upgrade information for all nonpaying members.

Advanced Search Page
While quick search options are available on the entrance page (Search by gender and age), the advanced search options such as by location are only available to paying members. The page displays upgrade information for all nonpaying members.

Members Area
MUST LOGIN TO ACCESS
Here the user can update profile information or upgrade their account. The area also houses links to pages with user's ability such as Photo Manager: upload more photos (5 for free members, 10 for paying) and User's Mailbox: where users can read mail and reply to mail received on the site.

Upgrade Page
MUST LOGIN TO ACCESS
Here all free members can upgrade to Preferred Membership which grants them many features. The administrator is notified of all account type changes and payment is handled easily and automatically thru PayPal. A star appears next to Preferred Members in the profiles and rating areas.

Ultimate Love Test (On LookRater Only)
The love test is a fun but often brutal survey that e-mails the results to the taker. There are two tests, one for men and one for women. The tests increase the overall traffic to the site when users give the URL for friends to take the test.

Fun Quizzes (On TeenUprise Only)
Entertaining quizzes like "Which Nazi ******* are You?" which produce HTML for users to paste to their online journals or homepages which increase traffic and clickthrus to the rating sites.

Mail Sender
The compose mail pages are only available to Preferred Members who are logged in. They can send uncensored, unrestricted, messages to any member. Free members can check and reply to mail only.

Note Sender
The note system was designed for free members. Members can select from drop down lists and compose a mail to send to any member. This encourages the recipient to upgrade their account so they can talk to the user.

Comment Poster
Users can post comments on member pictures. The system holds the comment for review by moderators before posting it to the website (to prevent contact information from being shared, members from being attacked, etc). The system e-mails the owner of the photograph notifying them of the public comment unless they chose not to receive notices.

Hottest Members
The hottest member pages can show all categories or categories individually by men, women, or couples. It can also show the least attractive members in each category.

Newest Members
The newest member page shows the latest users to register. You can view the newest in all categories or by specific category.

Lost Password Page
If users have lost their password, they can have it e-mailed to them by entering either their username on the site or the e-mail address they registered with.

All Members List
This alphabetical list of all members is useful to users who need to look someone up by username but cannot access the search features.

Terms of Service Page
The terms of service page lists all of the legal jargon designed to protect the site owner.

Privacy Policy Page
Similar to the Terms of Service page, the Privacy Policy included other legal talk to protect the rights of the user as well.