Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2001, 11:06 PM   #61
Jan

Administrator

Talking

This is quite an ancient thread I know - hey what happened to all the strange named geeks there? I only found a few familiar ones!

I found this while searching for something else and had to add my 2 cents worth http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif At that time I WAS actually making enough to live off, it allowed for luxuries totally unknown to me all my life, bought a brand new puter etc etc and kept me afloat till around March of this year.

And in that time I even got to try my first McDonalds http://geekvillage.com/ubb/eek.gif (it wasn't nice)

http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 11:26 PM   #62
Sedesrem

Cool

OKAY, my 2 cents - me personally currently earning 100$/mo selling ads and around 300$/mo with web coding and design - so that pays for the university (IT) and I'm going go to Canaries to rest this summer http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
I'm sure I'll make respectable more in a few months starting selling my software online.
Sedesrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 11:30 PM   #63
weagle

Unhappy

I was making like $3-4k a month with only one banner ads now I'm lucky to be making close to $1,500 with banner ads and having to add annoying popup ads and newsletters. As for the dude who said his eyes are hurting me I hear ya man, I had the same problem, you know what I did, I took a 2 month vacation to greece, that fixed the problem! (thank goodness in time too, I didn't lose my eyesight didn't have to buy glases!) You can't spend a lot of time looking at the computer (8hours) you got to rest your eyes, or atleast take short breaks every hour, that's the problem these days no boss gives ya a break to let the eyes rest or shorten the work hours to 5hours per day.
weagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 02:41 AM   #64
Nintendo
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

Yes, I'm making enough to live off of the internet, $1,600 from last month, though last year, the year of the internet's Gold Rush, I made around $100,000 from my entertainment sites.

------------------
World of Nintendo!!
Nintendo Code Center
World of Video Games
Video Game Chat
Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 06:26 AM   #65
Edwin

Unhappy

The highest I ever made was slightly over $11,000 in a month back in 1999, when I was signing "real" per-CPM deals with sponsors for my EmailAddresses.com site.

Now I'm lucky to clear $500 with remnant ads AND a popup from 35% more traffic!

That's what happens if you have a popular site dedicated to a dead business model (free email is going the way of the dinosaurs) http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

So I *could* have lived off the Web two years ago, but can't right now.

Edwin

------------------
Free Email Address Directory: 1,000+ free email services. http://www.emailaddresses.com/
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 06:44 AM   #66
Outlaw

Smile

Well...

My highest month ever was somewhere wround $6,000 U.S. Which is quite good for my age.

I must reply to other people's earlier post first though. Some people were saying oh, I make $2,000 and if I lived in this Asian country I would have $100,000. Well, that is true, but you would have it in their currency. From my own first hand account (I am Indian), a coke in India cost 25 rupees (45 cents U.S, same price as here). A Good shirt there cost 500 rupees (12 bucks U.S.), and the very good clothing can cost as much as 20,000 rupees ($400 U.S.), so you see just because you live in an Asian market and make $100,000 in their currency it does not equal to $100,000 U.S. by far!

Ok, now to my goals. Since I am opening m Ad Network, I am hoping to make $25,000/month starting from the first month. My goal is to reach $75,000/month within 6 months.

Anyhow those were my comments, experiences, and goals, hope you enoyed http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

P.S. Jan your right McDonalds isn't good, but for some reason people love it.

------------------
- AI Corp.
www.animeinstinct.com
www.animetopsites.com
www.dbzhost.com
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 01:55 PM   #67
clay
Member.

Unhappy

I make enough to live, but I get a base salary pay, and then a % of profits from different websites. I work about 60-70 hrs a week on the internet, and I haven't taken a day off since feb of this year. But I make enough money to support 4 people, so I can't complain. I usually get a raise in my salary every month, and it's usually around a $200/month raise. This month, I got an extra $400, and next month it will be another $600 added to it if i sign a new contract(extra $2000 signing bonus and a new computer to go with it).

Profits have been low lately, so I don't get much extra for profits, but hope to see a big increase in my profits soon.

I guess it depends on how much time you put into it, a year ago, I made alot more money and worked alot less hrs. It's just not as easy anymore, but can still be done.
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 09:05 PM   #68
Bryan

Smile

Me. Have been for the past two years.

------------------
-Bryan
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 01:35 AM   #69
slikz

Unhappy

I dont make nothing anymore
i be lucky if i make 500 bucks
slikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 03:23 AM   #70
Jan

Administrator

Thumbs up

Then you are indeed lucky - very lucky!!!
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 07:21 PM   #71
FreeFun

Thumbs up

I have been working on the Internet full time for the past year.

It is still possible to make living online, sometimes you just need to roll with the punches.

Tim
FreeFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 10:26 AM   #72
cutecat

Unhappy

I'm profiting $8-$10 a day. Not nearly enough to live off of http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
cutecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 09:54 AM   #73
OC

Quote:
Originally posted by Sedesrem
Hahahaha! I'm the happiest guy here! I live in Russia. I pay less than 100$/mo for a great flat here. And spend the same onn other needs such as food, clothes etc.

I don't need to work anywhere here. If I have 500$/mo I have no problems at all.

The best way guys is to put a lot of glue on your chair in front the monitor - and to make one more site, i.e. to add 100-200$/mo. Then again and again and again...
But you live in Russia... just joking.

Sorry to drag this thread up again. I just had to thrown in some humorous Suomi Finland propaganda, eh?
OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 10:41 AM   #74
1lit

I'm making enough to live off of the internet, $1,600 from last month

$1,600 - you can't even get a decent apartment in London for that much According to a recent survey, London is the second most expensive city in the world - and I'm living in the damn centre of it.

I really have to move out. Tourists complain about the prices here when they're only here for two weeks; I have to pay those ridiculous prices day in, day out. I can't even afford a can of coke at times, 'cos it costs 80p in many shops = well over one US dollar. Just a fish burger in McDonalds = 1.90 (nearly $3). (How much are they where you are?)

Think I'll move somewhere cheaper, less cluttered and less crime-ridden, like the south of France. Can do my online work anywhere...

Good luck to all your entrepeneurs
1lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 10:44 AM   #75
singloon

GeekGuide

Quote:
Originally posted by litmania
I'm making enough to live off of the internet, $1,600 from last month

$1,600 - you can't even get a decent apartment in London for that much According to a recent survey, London is the second most expensive city in the world - and I'm living in the damn centre of it.

I really have to move out. Tourists complain about the prices here when they're only here for two weeks; I have to pay those ridiculous prices day in, day out. I can't even afford a can of coke at times, 'cos it costs 80p in many shops = well over one US dollar. Just a fish burger in McDonalds = 1.90 (nearly $3). (How much are they where you are?)

Think I'll move somewhere cheaper, less cluttered and less crime-ridden, like the south of France. Can do my online work anywhere...

Good luck to all your entrepeneurs
one of the reasons my family moved from the UK to Australia 15 yrs ago

singloon is offline   Reply With Quote