Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2004, 11:09 PM   #61
JustSurfing

alright, but I don't have any clue about coldfusion... maybe you can create a real basic stats logger, even if it just logs a series of numbers that are explained in a separate file.

Also, I noticed a few of the pops I'm getting with a google blocker are whitespace with absolutely no content.

Finally, it looks like adding this script is actually increasing overall click thrus, which surprised me, but upon reflection makes sense since a blocker user's desktop has fewer pops and some may be curious to check them out surprised that they actually appear, giving them more attention than they would otherwise.
JustSurfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:47 AM   #62
Sashman

Yes. We noticed a substantial increase in CTR as well, however were unable to determine if advertiser's ROI was increased.

The whitespace pops are usually from a prelauncher, which is a blank popup whose only purpose is to pop up another ad. It should be masking those out fairly well if you set the min pop size to a 10k pixel area. It's not foolproof however.

What provider are you using?

Last edited by Sashman; 03-10-2004 at 01:57 AM.
Sashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:58 AM   #63
JustSurfing

Quote:
Originally posted by Sashman

What provider are you using?
I'm rotating Fastclick, Casale, Burst, and Valueclick -- in that order. Can you alter the whitespace pops to automatically close?

Last edited by JustSurfing; 03-10-2004 at 01:59 AM.
JustSurfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 02:07 AM   #64
Sashman

It's possibly coming from the handling of burst / valueclick and is not a prelauncher problem. We have yet to test those two networks. If you are interested, we can email offline and I can get the script's bypass functions working with those two networks.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:18 PM   #65
dwergs

Running this 3 days and very impressed!

Pop-under impressions (as well as revenue) increased about 20%, just like promised. I'm hoping this lasts
dwergs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:26 PM   #66
jokearound

yep, me too,around 15% for me - im very impressed.
jokearound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 02:58 PM   #67
Sashman

Quote:
Originally posted by JustSurfing
I'm rotating Fastclick, Casale, Burst, and Valueclick -- in that order. Can you alter the whitespace pops to automatically close?
Just a heads up. The current version of AdOutput now supports Burst, Realcast, Falk Solutions, and Valueclick. It should also cover a wider range of other networks and has an improved blocker detector. It detects blockers that attempt to close the popup on a delay such as yahoo companion and popup stopper.

Last edited by Sashman; 04-07-2004 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:42 PM   #68
mud

I've just paid for the software and installed it... works great...

just one question: Are you sure I shouldn't be worried about having my ad network terminating my account? I'm with FastClick & CasaleMedia...
mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:16 AM   #69
Sashman

Quote:
Originally posted by mud
I've just paid for the software and installed it... works great...

just one question: Are you sure I shouldn't be worried about having my ad network terminating my account? I'm with FastClick & CasaleMedia...
It's a good question and what I was most worried about when I started the project. I spent a good amount of time getting 3rd party programs to pre-approve using the code. Andrew Casale of Casale Media and the CTO of fastclick both said using the code was fine.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:32 PM   #70
1lit

Fantastic - the script works brilliantly in bypassing Windows XP SP 2 blocker and Alexa's.

However, when I switch Norton Internet Security on, not one of the pop-ups on the demos page shows.

Do pop-ups appear when other people try the demos with Norton Internet Security on?
1lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 10:47 AM   #71
Sashman

Quote:
Originally posted by 1lit
Fantastic - the script works brilliantly in bypassing Windows XP SP 2 blocker and Alexa's.

However, when I switch Norton Internet Security on, not one of the pop-ups on the demos page shows.

Do pop-ups appear when other people try the demos with Norton Internet Security on?
Norton uses HTML filtering for blocking ads. While the bypass script shouldn't trigger it's filtering, the calling of the actual example pops before the bypass can even take place gets clobbered. There are ways around this, but it isn't in this solution.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:05 PM   #72
1lit

Thank you very much for a response, even though it is Christmas Eve!

I think your script is awesome and would love to have bought it; I just wish there was a way to defeat Norton's ad-blocking which manages to supress the pop-ups. Tens of millions of people have Norton Internet Security installed.

I don't know how complicated it would be create something that bypassed Norton. Fastclick adverts work even when Norton is switched on on my PC.

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Last edited by 1lit; 12-24-2004 at 02:23 PM.
1lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 11:31 PM   #73
CPMNewbie

Has anyone checked out Ad Output? It is supposed to be good, and its compatible with most networks. Anyone?
CPMNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 06:36 PM   #74
Czar

Webmaster

Many geeks have tested AdOutput. Sashman debuted the service here while it was in beta mode and has made a visible presence ever since. The technology has even been licensed to a few networks in the space.

Some feedback may be found in the following popular thread:
http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=11744

It's definitely worth exploring if you derive a good proportion of your revenues through pop campaigns and don't consider this method too invasive.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 04:39 PM   #75
ceo

Arrow

Any geeks got Sashman's Adoutput soln. to work with a popunder instead of a popup ?

Please do let us know here.
Thank you !
ceo is offline   Reply With Quote