Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2002, 02:50 AM   #61
funtoon

Smile Sneak Preview of AntiadbusterPro

Hello Geeks! Just finished the basic engine for AntiAdBusterPro (I admit that it took a little more time than I expected) I have installed the AntiadbusterPro on two test urls so that you can check it out, this pro version is also generating detail stats that are being stored in a database, I am currently designing the reports section which will display details reports.

Under AntiadbusterPro webmasters can set the Antiadbuster security level and all other aspects on how AntiadbusterPro should work they can set the security settings such a low, medium, high, and very high.

The two urls listed below are being protected by AntiadbusterPro
I have set the security level to high on this url http://www.funtooshtimes.com/index2.php

And to very high on http://www.phpbuddy.com/start2.php check it out with your ad blockers and let me know.

I am also designing the user interface for the Admin control panel for AntiAdBusterPro using which webmasters can set all the parameters for Antiadbuster , and check stats online etc It should be complete in a couple of days and I will post info about it when done.

Once I have completed the control panel and the stats section, I will give out copies of AntiadbusterPro to selected geekvillage members (Right now its too early to release anything)

let me know if it you have any suggestions and ideas as this is just a preview version!

Last edited by funtoon; 05-27-2002 at 03:57 AM.
funtoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 05:21 PM   #62
Furton

When are you planning on introducing pop up/unders support for the program, as that is where the most revenue is generated these days.
Furton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 05:24 PM   #63
dRD

Quote:
Originally posted by Furton
When are you planning on introducing pop up/unders support for the program, as that is where the most revenue is generated these days.
Having a possibility to force users to use JavaScript & Cookies pretty effectively does this and the Pro version should have this option -- it's then just upto webmaster to decide does s/he want to force people to use JScript in order to allow them to enter the site.
dRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 11:08 PM   #64
funtoon

Quote:
Furton : When are you planning on introducing pop up/unders support for the program, as that is where the most revenue is generated these days.
As dRD has mentioned effectively checking for cookies and javascript makes sure that 99.9% of ad blockers are detected!

When ever you set the security level to high or above in Antiadbuster Pro it gives you two additional options, JavaScript check and the popup checker if you select those, Antiadbuster Pro makes sure that even pop-up are not being blocked!

This will all make sense when you people see the demo of Antiadbuster Pro Control Panel, Where the real power of Antiadbuste Pro lies, There is a lof of stuff going on under the hood (I have completely rewritten the entire code from scratch for Antiadbuster Pro and belive me its a lof of code doing all sort of checks to make sure tht you keep all kinds of ad blockers out)
Old 05-29-2002, 09:24 AM   #65
gallery

Great job Funtoon,

Could you please let us know the percentage of your visitors that are using ad blockers ??

Thanks
gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 12:02 AM   #66
funtoon

Lightbulb

Quote:
gallery Great job Funtoon,
Could you please let us know the percentage of your visitors that are using ad blockers ??

Thanks
Hi gallery,
From the feedback I am getting it hovering between 3 - 12% Its too early to judge the average right now, my estimate is around 5-6%

Okay I have completed the admin interface for Antiadbuster Pro after thrashing a lot of interfaces I fixed on this one let me know your thoughts.

http://www.phpbuddy.com/adbuster/screenshots/pro1.htm

For you testing purpose I have set Antiadbuster pro to protect these urls (to check antiaduster Pro in action switch ON your ad blockers other wise you will see the normal site)
http://www.funtooshtimes.com/index2.php (High security level)
http://www.phpbuddy.com/start2.php (Very high security level)

If everything goes as planned I should be able to offer, the beta release some time next week, to enroll in the beta testing program pm me.

Please give me the following details if you want to enroll in the beta program.

The url on which you wish to test Antiadbuster pro, and amount to unique visitors and approx page viewsper day that you get (You can submit upto 2 website's per user for testing)

Please note that for Antiadbuster Pro to work you would need PHP4 and MySQL database installed on your server.

Thanks!

Last edited by funtoon; 05-31-2002 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-01-2002, 03:03 PM   #67
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

Some of my comments will be a bit vague and or circumspect since anyone can view this thread. Including the many folks who create these ad blocker apps.

First and formost, congrats and best wishes. Iv'e been following this sticky very closely and the progress is outstanding.

In no particular order with respect to your pro version:

Obviscate/scramble the code. It will be stolen.

Put something in Admin that fetches data from YOUR server so you can track who is using it, who has paid, and who has not paid.

Your Admin might want to contain a mySQL dump feature for backups

Your Admin might want to contain an auto email feature after x number of "blocks" and this sends me all the stats via email.

Admin MUST BE very very secure. The ability to rename admin.php, the ability to place the script in any directory I want, include instructions or at least a note on how to protect the admin via .htaccess

Please do not forget that your technology has tremendous benifit to Merchants and the possibility that networks and or merchants may help you sell copies and or even a cobrand deal. Don't espect them to post in this thread for obvious reasons but my sence of the issue is that they are watching.

My last point is an idea. Just thinking out loud so no one should jump to conclusions. At a certain point after the pro version is released or perhaps before this you will need to think about taking your beta and feedback talk into a secure and controlled environment. This insures that the other side can't see what you are doing and it's a safe bet that they are already watching and I can also tell you that Webmasters also use ad blockers on this site and others.

I can provide this secure location if you and the community want it on a temporary and or experimental basis (members in good standing with posting privileges only) or you can do it via a list server.

HTH

Last edited by Steve_S; 06-01-2002 at 03:14 PM.
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2002, 03:44 PM   #68
funtoon

Thumbs up Thanks Steve

Firstly I want to thank for the support that I am getting from geekvillage without the help of geekvillage members and of course you Steve I donít know if this project could have gone even this far!

About providing a secure area where only members in good standing with position only can access info about the pro version would be great, as I have a couple of questions that I wanted to ask but I was hesitant to ask, I have put some security features in the pro version but again I donít want to discuss it in the open forums.

A secure forum by GeekVillage will greatly help me develop this product.

Thanks again for all the outstanding and continued support!
Old 06-04-2002, 07:39 AM   #69
Furton

This forum really is living up to it's name in this thread

"Quality forums for Publishers & Merchants"

Well done everyone and thanks Steve
Furton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 08:32 PM   #70
Gumyeelo1

I just install antiadbuster, there a way for me to see what software they were using to block the popups?

BTW I use the ad blocking software adsubtract pro and it bypass the software! which is also a very popuplar program alot of people use.
Gumyeelo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 10:31 PM   #71
funtoon

Hi Gumyeelo1,

can you pm me the url on which you have installed antiadbuster, and which version of adsubtract-pro are you using as I dont have the latest version (I had the trail version of adsubtract-pro, and antiadbuster used to detect adsubtract-pro, but it expired, I guess you must have not installed antiadbuster correctly or adsubtract has releasea new version)

Can you also check this url with your adsubtract-pro www.phpbuddy.com I have installed the latest version of the Antiadbuster Pro on this domain for testing.

Last edited by funtoon; 06-04-2002 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:34 PM   #72
funtoon

Please ignore this msg, the same post was repeated twice!

Last edited by funtoon; 06-04-2002 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:38 PM   #73
Gumyeelo1

how could i install it correctly? I just upload the files and thats it.. I am using 2.52.. and the strange thing is that your script works 50% of the time and when i turn off the adsubtract it would go to
antiadbuster_bust.php and give me a 400 bad request?

And is there a way for me to find out what ad blocking software people are using?
Gumyeelo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 03:11 AM   #74
gallery

I'm wandering when merchants, affiliate networks are going to fight this legally.

Even if you have anti ad-blocking software that work ok now, new versions will appear to defeat them. Then webmasters will have to upgrade their anti ad-blocking software and so on.

It will be a neverending game like for viruses.

So when are all major affiliate networks start to sue these ad blockers companies ?

Are they going to wait that 100% of the surfers will use these softwares ?
gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 03:26 AM   #75
funtoon

Exclamation When

Quote:
gallery: So when are all major affiliate networks start to sue these ad blockers companies ?

Are they going to wait that 100% of the surfers will use these softwares ?
Gallery I admit its like the virus and anti-virus game! I dont know if we can sue them, but it would be really interesting.

The other day I saw a post where some body quoted that yahoo was noticing that there users were using ad-blockers on there site about 4% couple of months ago, but now that figure in a couple of months has increased to 12% !!!

I have installed antiadbuster pro on some test sites and the stats are really interesting I am getting around 32% Intrusions attempts! about 70% of them are from cookie blockers, the rest are ad-blockers!

Now I know why even if I sent hundred's of users to a affiliate programme I register only a couple of leads coz the cookies are not being set

BTW the beta programm for antiadbuster pro should start in a couple of days PM me if you want to enroll