Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2000, 06:52 PM   #1
WildComputer

Unhappy UK .com domain for cheap

Seeing as domain seem to be the a hot topic, I thought I'd mention something I came across today:

A service which will register a .com domain and forward it to a dummy site and forward e-mail to you for 5 per year (that's about US $8). It's kind of interesting, although this particular service does require you to register at least 500 domains to get this price.

So the question is

How do they do this ? They very clearly state this includes the domain registration fees both in their advertising and on their web site

------------------
  • Free Expert Advice: Tune up your site for profits, with a 12 page detailed report written specially for you
    (This is brand new so let me know what you think)
  • My favorite affiliate programs - plus tips, tricks and strategies for each one.
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2000, 01:05 AM   #2
hobbnet

Unhappy

Read all of their fine print....Some sites will let you have "control" of the domain name but they actually own it and when people go to the site they will throw up their banners...What is the url of this service you found?

------------------
Service Swap Webmasters helping webmasters. Come trade design, links, exposure, content and more.
hobbnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2000, 04:34 AM   #3
WildComputer

Unhappy

No you own it definitely

There's no webhosting included just e-mail forwarding and the DNS thingies to point to a blank page (which I bet does advertise them)

Unfortunately I left the details in our other office so you'll have to wait till I go there (few days at least, sorry, I'll see if I can get there phone number and call them to ask Qs), before I can pick this up.

I guess they must have a special deal with a new registrar ?

I am seeing a lot of .com registration services including the registration fees in the range of 20-30, with incredibly low priced hosting such as 25 per *Year* with PHP3 etc. For example see http://www.ezee.co.uk/html/prices.htm (no I haven't used them, but this seems like a pretty incredible deal)

So 5 just the domain registration is not quite totally implausible for a mass quantity - but it just seem a pretty good bargain.

------------------
  • Free Expert Advice: Tune up your site for profits, with a 12 page detailed report written specially for you
    (This is brand new so let me know what you think)
  • My favorite affiliate programs - plus tips, tricks and strategies for each one.
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote