Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2000, 09:08 AM   #1
Flicker

Angry Directleads not paying

I have $97 in the "Pending Payments" section on "DirectLeads" - half of which was supposed to be paid by December 30th and the other half on January 29th. Yet I've never recieved anything from them.
After sending an e-mail I was told that the checks were processed but are not being sent because they're changing their company name and banking account.
First of all, why do I have to send an e-mail myself for them to bother to tell me this?
Second, I now have now idea when (and IF) I will ever get paid by them...
Is anyone else currently facing these problems with them?
Flicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2000, 10:50 AM   #2
kris
Member.

Cool

Well i think they are a reputable company. I used to have their ads and they paid me on time. I agree that it should take an email from the members to be notified. FWIW, I think you can trust them.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2000, 06:52 AM   #3
JWolfe

Cool

Hi Flicker ...

Yes, we do pay on time and answer every email we get in as timely a fashion as possible.

It is true, we did move offices and we changed company name, so we were waiting on the new checks to arrive from the printer. 80% of the checks were sent before Feb 1, and the remainder were sent by the 10th or so of Feb.

Thank you Kris for your comment. Yes, we are honest and pay on time.

Flicker - please know we are here to answer your questions in the future if you have them -- call us any time http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif

Jason
JWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2000, 08:08 AM   #4
WildComputer

Cool

JWolfe

I am trying to join DirectLeads and am having trouble with the sign-up form.

Our company is based in England (but we build sites for a US audience), but your form doesn't allow me to leave the "state" field blank, or select "London" or something. Help. I e-mailed your company as well. Thanks I'm real anxious to get started.,,

------------------
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2000, 08:16 AM   #5
lwrules

Lightbulb

Please see my post in the other directleads thread for my opinions about other options.

Sanford Wallace
CEO
SmartBotPRO.NET
#28 top web property, Dec'99 MediaMetrix
lwrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2000, 08:50 AM   #6
Flicker

Cool

I did eventually get the check, which is good.
I still think, however, that users should be notified about such problems without them having to contact the company first.
Flicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2000, 09:19 AM   #7
lwrules

Lightbulb

I couldn't agree with you more, Flicker. Communication is everything! If there is a problem, you, the ever-so-important customer, need to know about it first hand and quickly. I can't understand why some companies feel that it is the customers' responsibility to investigate why they haven't received payment for work that they performed in good faith (especially when said company is aware of a problem that supposedly affected 20% of its customer base). As I said in an earlier post, I've had only FANTASTIC experiences with Bach Systems (www.bachsys.com), WebSponsors (www.websponsors.com) and CyberBounty (www.cyberbounty.com). None of those companies play games. I get updates from them EVERY time there is the slightest problem (which is pretty rare, btw).

-Sanford
lwrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2000, 04:33 PM   #8
JWolfe

Cool

lrules,

We agree with you. We email everyone when we have problems. And we even call folks http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif. Additionally when we have problems we post in the News Section.

Seems our customer service is excellent, thanks for pointing that out Sanford!

Jwolfe
JWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote