Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2002, 09:56 PM   #16
jokearound

Edwin, I think you need to download the XML/SOAP developers kit, read the instructions in there. its a simple form to be set up, but you need a developers tag.
jokearound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 09:34 AM   #17
Nintendo
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

You don't have to download anything. One or two pages back on this board there's a thread about the Shopping Cart with a link to the HTML code.
Old 10-05-2002, 11:08 AM   #18
kryton

Amazon's next step should be to give us commission, if we send a visitor from the UK, Canada, Germany, etc to the US amazon site, they then move to their own country site and buy something.
kryton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 09:49 PM   #19
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.

Granted, math is not my best thing, but in what base system do the following numbers make any sense?

Items Shipped: Me=7 My Tier=3 %=85
Unique Visitors: Me=274 My Tier=91 %=95

How could Amazon mess up something as simple as calculating percentages?

[EDIT: It's VERY aggravating trying to post anything resembling a chart in this forum.]

Last edited by Rhea; 10-05-2002 at 09:55 PM.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 11:34 PM   #20
kryton

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhea
Granted, math is not my best thing, but in what base system do the following numbers make any sense?

Items Shipped: Me=7 My Tier=3 %=85
Unique Visitors: Me=274 My Tier=91 %=95

How could Amazon mess up something as simple as calculating percentages?

[EDIT: It's VERY aggravating trying to post anything resembling a chart in this forum.]
They are not percentages they are percentiles, which means you are in the top 85% in your tier for items shipped, and the top 95% for unique visitors sent in your tier.
kryton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 11:40 PM   #21
Czar

Webmaster

Exactly. On one of my accounts (I know, you're not supposed to have multiple accounts, but I seperated them before that rule was enforced), for example, I've generated a good number of clicks, but none have yet converted to a sale, so I'm in the 90th percentile as far as unique visitors go (which happens to be about twice the tier average), but only in the 5th percentile concerning sales volume.

As you probably know, most affiliates who join a particular program - even Amazon.com - never use their account, and of those that do, few produce decent levels of traffic. As such, your percentile values may seem skewed at times, with every click or sale racing you up the comparitive charts until you near the pinnacle, where the SuperAffiliates undoubtedly dominate.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 08:11 AM   #22
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.

Thank you Kryton and Czar for explaining how the percentiles work.

I had a great month on Amazon in September, but as soon as they implemented the new stats, my sales went into la toilette. One sale in four days. Blech. (I am NOT suggesting that there's something wrong with tracking...only that I hit a dry spell in terms of sales.)

It should be interesting to see how my percentiles stand up when I make it into the next tier.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote