Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2001, 09:38 AM   #1
zboca

Unhappy types of advertising

I am wondering the different types of online advertising. Please list any you can think of. Banners, popups, popunders, etc...
I am opening my affiliated network soon. I personally don't think banners are ever going to be worth much unless there is a big change. I am trying to mess with a few ideas on different types of advertising before I get up, and am just another banner network. I have an idea I am putting together right now and at some time would like the forum to review it. Sorry, scattered thoughts....

------------------
Zak Boca
zboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 09:49 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

Hey Zak,

There was an article/summary guide posted at NewMedia a few days ago that does a quite effective job of rounding up and outlining each of the most pervasive forms of online advertising presently availabsle to marketers and publishers alike:
http://www.newmedia.com/nm-ie.asp?articleID=2797
It notes everything from Shoshkeles to popunders, recs, skyscrapers and text-based advertorials. For further information regarding any specific ad form, simply perform a search on this forum to uncover a wealth of technical and usability information.

As a side issue, as a startup you should be wary not to spread yourself too thin. Just as you are averse to launching 'yet another' banner network, it will do you no good to offer every technology presently available. Select one or two that exist outside of flooded markets, and where you see growth potential lying, and push that hard enough so as to establish yourself as an expert/leader in your field.

Best of luck. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Czar
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 10:00 AM   #3
zboca

Unhappy

Thanks for the information Czar. I think I am going to open the network only offering banners. Then as I move into this new idea, I am going to try to take advertising away from banners and to this. I think this method would be much more profitable for everyone, and it would not fluctuate like banners have. I don't know, when I get everything written up, and a demo put out, I will put on here for ideas and suggestions. As of right now, I think I will just be another banner network. The way I see it, marketers have to come to me. I don't see a media kit getting into Prudentials marketing office; mail gets tossed. I guess I will direct my focus toward publishers, and
when(keyword)advertising rises, advertisers will come my way. In a way, I hope these bad times weed out most of the networks. I am not trying to turn any kind of profit right now. Hopefully when times change back, there will be few networks. Thanks again Czar, like I said, my mind is kind of scattered right now...

------------------
Zak Boca
zboca is offline   Reply With Quote