Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2000, 12:29 AM   #1
anton

Question Promoting

Hi All,

I have a question about promoting ( promoting is related to making money , so I'm writing this message here http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/wink.gif

I have a web-site www.best-buy.nu .... can somebody help me, what's the best way(s) , to promote it , and hopefully , free ;-)

Thanks everyone in advance,
bye.
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2000, 12:54 AM   #2
Arn

Cool

Hey Anton,

While indirectly related to making-money, I think it would fit better in the Webmaster Issues forum where such topics have been covered in the past.

So, I'm moving it there: http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/f...r=3&start=here

arn

------------------
http://www.weeno.com - Learn Stuff You Don't Know

Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2000, 03:00 AM   #3
petezippy

Cool

Arn - this is the Webmasters Issues board. You mean Making Money, right?

------------------
Peter

The Ultimate DeCSS Resource Site
http://www.pzcommunications.com/decss/main.htm
petezippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2000, 03:05 AM   #4
petezippy

Cool

Arn - sorry about the previous post, I didn't realize that this HAD been in another topic and was move here.

------------------
Peter

The Ultimate DeCSS Resource Site
http://www.pzcommunications.com/decss/main.htm
petezippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2000, 04:43 AM   #5
funpage

Cool

I was taking a look at your website, and it is somewhat confusing. Your website content seems a little broad.

I believe your site is just supposed to be mostly affliate links to sites that sell stuff, hence the name Best Buy. But on the left navigation bar of your main page you have world news, and what's new(which is really what's new in technology, not what's new w/ your site). Also you have links to sites such as family point and others that have no products that your visitor can buy.

But that's beside the point, you asked about promoting a site such as yours. Your site is in a very competetive category and competing against big names such as amazon and mysimon (which is a shopping comparison engine). Also there are a bunch of other people who also have sites like yours, which are made up soely of just affliate links(but I have to say, your site looks pretty profesional).

In order for you to get visitors, you have to first be able to offer them something more than just links. If you know how, you could make a shopping comparison engine, or do reviews about which site has the best deals, is the most reliable, delivers on time...

After that, you should submit to search engines(but don't expect too much traffic from them) and probally start looking to buy some advertising. I would recommend buying keywords on goto such as books, clothes...
Depending on your budget, you could advertise in lots of other places too, such as clickxchange, and cj.com

Tim

------------------
notboring.com - The most boring place on earth. Not!!!
Webmaster Resource Center - All, no a few resources for your webmatering needs.
funpage is offline   Reply With Quote