Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Marketing Your Website Online
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2001, 12:20 AM   #1
JonPKibble
Member.

Default Traffic Building Software

I'd like to know if anyone has purchased and/or used software that tracks your position on search engines across several keywords, that is supposed to help optimize your pages to get listed higher under searches for those keywords. I am considering buying this program for $70 (I forgot the name) but that is what it does. I think it will be useful to track how different search phrases do for my site across several engines, and help me possibly optimize my site to appear a little higher up (not one of those "guaranteed top 10" gimmicks - honest piece of software that tries to do what it can, but no empty promises).

Anyone ever tried a program like this? I'd be interested in hearing how effective they are.
JonPKibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 02:15 AM   #2
webstuff4free

You could try Agent Web Ranking - It's free.

http://www.agentwebranking.com/
webstuff4free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 02:33 AM   #3
JonPKibble
Member.

This looks pretty neat. I'm downloading it right now, gonna check it out. Thanks.
JonPKibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2001, 11:05 AM   #4
fabienf

Hi

my partner and I have developped AgentWebRanking. If you have any questions please let me know.

Fabien
fabienf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2001, 12:27 PM   #5
sdarken

AgentWebRanking is very good for a free product. I have used it in the past. These days I use WebPosition Gold. The basic version is $150 (there is a free trial version). There is also a commercial product called TopDog which I don't have any experience with.

All of these products will help you monitor your search engine ranking but don't expect any magic when it comes to getting top positions. Webposition has the best functionality for suggesting improvements to your pages but it requires a lot of patience (and some luck) to get top spots for competitive keywords.
sdarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 07:29 AM   #6
Dave-AHFB

I have used agentwebranking in the past, it is a great piece of software. I too switched to webposition gold. One word of caution when using software of this nature, some search engines (google is the most picky) have been known to ban or lower rankings for sites that are run thru thier system too frequently or during peak hours. They do not mind the use of resources, but if not done responsibly they are not happy.

Dave

Last edited by Dave-AHFB; 08-03-2001 at 07:29 AM.
Dave-AHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 10:24 AM   #7
fabienf

For your info we are working on a new version of AgentWebRanking.

You will find examples of the ranking report we plan to use here:
http://www.agentwebranking.com/test/example1.htm
http://www.agentwebranking.com/test/example2.htm
http://www.agentwebranking.com/test/example3.htm
http://www.agentwebranking.com/test/example4.htm

Remark for Webagencies and Search Engine Consultants: The new version of AgentWebRanking will allow you to send to your client HTML ranking report with your logo, name, url... In the examples, you will be able to change all AgentWebRanking reference (logo, name, url, about...) by your reference.
Old 08-13-2001, 10:37 AM   #8
reflections

Default to fabienf

Hi. Can you comment on the question of using google with your software? I have also heard that with web position gold it is important to run it rarely or in middle of the night. Or can your software be used without google checked? Thanks.
reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 10:45 AM   #9
fabienf

Hi,

- Regarding ranking tool: Unlike others ranking software, AgentWebRanking users are not concerned by this problem because the software works like if the user was manually searching the net.

- Regarding the submission tool: AgentWebRanking users are not concerned by this problem because the software does not use automatic url submission. You have to manually add your url to each search engine.

Fabien