Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2000, 12:44 PM   #1
dayshumor

Question Question about Credit Card Affiliate Programs

I know that your site's traffic, relevancy, and many other factors have a huge impact on how well a particular affiliate program does on your site. But I was just wondering (in general) if anyone can recommend a credit card affiliate program in which they've had pretty decent conversion ratios.

Again, I realize it depends on your site but just wondering what kind of success you guys have had promoting these. I've never really promoted them much but I've read on other message boards that some people do pretty well with them.

Any suggestions are welcomed...

------------------
A Humorous Site About Days of Our Lives
http://www.DaysHumor.com
dayshumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2000, 01:53 PM   #2
WebsiteSponsors
Member.

Unhappy

Not only does it depend on your website but also on the affiliate program itself. If your visitors are required to fill out alot of information then they may get discouraged and then leave. Or if they have to give out personal information such as a checking account number (for some services that require a prepaid application fee).

The only programs that I have ran was the Next Card, which I think you are running on your website. It didn't to to bad but not that good either.

------------------
Chet Brzezinski
WebsiteSponsors.com Affiliate Support
www.websitesponsors.com
chet@iboost.com
WebsiteSponsors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2000, 02:59 PM   #3
WildComputer

Unhappy

I don't wanna be funny, but I doubt you would you get good conversion of clicks into leads or a humor site... I'd be happy to be proved wrong though.

Nextcard is probably one of the best CC programs if you can US visitors. AND they are interested. AND you expect them to meet NextCard's qualification criteria (income + stuff). Cos NextCard pays on *approved* applications.

------------------
New:<A HREF="http://www.marketingrocket.com/buytraffic.html" TARGET=_blank>Buying Traffic for Pennies
How I made $5,000 with just 2 hours work & other secrets</A>

Create your own E-Books (free download).
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2000, 04:39 PM   #4
dayshumor

Unhappy

I actually have to disagree with you WildComputer and have already proven you wrong (LOL). Humor sites can sell just as well as any other site if you target your audience and get enough visitors (which I believe I've done pretty well according to my commission reports).

I promote CJ, Websponsors, and Onresponse on 3 web sites (2 business related and my humor site) My humor site is only 2 months old and gets better conversion rates for my offers and earns me more commissions than the other 2 combined (not to mention the hits to this site are almost tripled...so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it as well).

Also, my site isn't just about humor, it is also facts and info about the show. And if anything, the humor is what keeps people coming back (and signing up for my offers) I don't think that a humorous theme deters people from buying/signing up. If anything I've kept the Days fans laughing enough so they'll return and keep signing up for my offers. I can't complain about my commissions.

In fact, I've chosen to stop promoting my other 2 business sites for a while since this one has been so successful.

Now, I'm just trying to decide what I want to sell, so I've been experimenting with different offers from WebSponsors and Onresponse. So far the free lottos and the gator have been my best and I was just curious about other's conversion rates for the credit card offers.

Thanks for your input everyone.

------------------
Old 10-12-2000, 05:13 PM   #5
WildComputer

Unhappy

Quote:
I actually have to disagree with you WildComputer and have already proven you wrong (LOL).
I was referrigng specifically to credit card affiliate programs' conversion. Sorry if this wasn't clear

I don't doubt you can get lots of sign ups for lottos, sweeps, coupons, phonecards, etc. at a "humourous plus" site, like yours.
My doubts were about credit card type offers.

I look forward to you proving me wrong on the credit card stuff too

------------------
New:<A HREF="http://www.marketingrocket.com/buytraffic.html" TARGET=_blank>Buying Traffic for Pennies

Old 10-12-2000, 05:51 PM   #6
dayshumor

Unhappy

WildComputer,

Oh okay... gotcha. LOL I hope I can prove you wrong as well. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Old 10-12-2000, 08:32 PM   #7
sdarken

Unhappy

I dont use these programs myself but I noticed a while back that the Aria.Com program pays $30 per signup whereas the NextCard program only pays $20. If you can get conversions then the Aria program may be better. I'd be interested to hear a comparison of the two as I do know someone that is trying the Nextcard program.

- Simon
sdarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2000, 01:52 AM   #8
WildComputer

Unhappy

NextCard has also paid up to $29 in the past. It is in a lot of networks. I get $25 for each one via Websponsors http://www.hits4me.com/ap_link.asp?affiliate=NEXTCARD

To join Aria's affiliate program, you must live in the US. So I've never tried it.

BTW Aria has some rather odd terms:
- apart from the usual no-nos, they don't allow "content or other material that specifically targets college students.". So does that mean if you wrote reviews of say student books or activities, you're breaking their terms?
- "At least once a month, you will check the Link Generator to ensure that each Link you use on your site is up-to-date and in the proper format"
- See #13 - so I doubt you'll hear comparisons

------------------

[This message has been edited by WildComputer (edited 10-13-2000).]