Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-1999, 03:10 AM   #1
WildComputer

Cool Tip on Adguide (Jobs services)

Adguide is a program in Commission Junction for business' with vacancies and for job seekers. Their programs pays commissions plus per click-thru.

Here is my tip - (1) - use the search box - on a job related page.

I tried the search box on my jobs section and am doing pretty well with it. Infact the CTR was so high I got worried and e-mailed Adguide and Commission Junction, plus added the search box to another page (where it less likely to be used) to lower the average CTR. CJ and Adguide both sent me e-mail saying it was okay.

Anyway at this point you are probably wondering how to get jobs content. Tip (2) get your visitors to create it for you by posting vacancies in their companies. Jobvertise has a free service where they'll remotely host this functionality for you. Incidentally Jobvertise have a program which promises to pay 70% commission on paid listings - I couldn't get anybody to pay to list - but since I made it free on my site - lots of people post.

Anyway it is a good program. I don't have the "jobs" traffic to make a lot of money with Adguide, but hey every penny counts. I think you could probably do better than me if you site has a theme (e.g. local interest) thru.

If you want more detailed explanation of how I got to this point - I made a page describing the steps at http://www.wildcomputer.com/job/adgframe.htm

Anybody with any tips on how to improve my jobs section or get more visitors to it - please tell me!

------------------
  • DisAdvantage.co.uk - The Rules Have Changed...We don't understand them anymore! <--- Proud to be a very poor quality attempt to be funny
  • Add your site - Top 100 affiliate programs, webmasters, auto, cars, teen, games, jokes, free stuff...
  • My favorite affiliate programs - Personal Tips & Recommendations

WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote