Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2001, 02:39 PM   #1
Desler

Unhappy Commission Junction? Realtime stats? No.

I don't think Commission Junction has instantaneous stat reporting. My friend ordered something which arrived today from a link I gave him, and my account still hasn't been credited for it, which leads me to think that there are either some major errors in their reporting, or it isn't realtime instantaneous reporting. Has anyone else had similar experiences?
Desler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 02:54 PM   #2
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

CJ doesn't have live stats, they are delayed stats - i don't check my stats that much anymore - maybe once or twice a month

------------------[*]Australian Neon Genesis Evangelion[*]film - writers - reviewers - reporters - designers[*]FanBuy.com indevelopment
singloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 03:28 PM   #3
Drastic

Unhappy

I think CJ stats are usually delayed from a few minutes to a few hours. I don't think it is days. (this has been my experience, anyway)

However, if the merchant delays the sale report to CJ, of course their stats will be delayed.

Click stats seem to be the quickest, with lead stats right behind. Not sure about % sale stats.

If your friend purchased through your link several days ago, I would inquire about this with the merchant. It should have already shown in your stats. If not, they should have a good reason as to why.

I used to think CJ kept all their merchants on the up-and-up, but now I wonder. After all, the merchant is the one who determines exactly what a lead is, so they have to report to CJ when you have generated one. I don't know about the tracking mechanism for % sale, but I get the feeling it is the same.

So, in essence, I think you should always evaluate each merchant yourself. If you send hundreds of clicks with little or no return (I have had several like this), remove that program and try another.

------------------
free personals - Get a hot date today!
Drastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 04:22 PM   #4
Desler

Unhappy

Yeah, I had a feeling it had to do with the merchant's end to report things, I'm sure CJ is an established company with a good rep. I guess I'll wait a while longer, like a few more days, then see what it up.

Right now I've only had one major lead, after 100,000 impressions and 400 clicks. ***** .

-Desler
Desler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 05:05 PM   #5
Aaron Dragushan

Unhappy

From what I know, merchants do have to the ability to approve/decline transactions with CJ, so honesty is a factor.

------------------
One person. One vote. (may not apply in certain states) [more fun][*] Earn money while building your traffic and mailing list. [Supertaf.com][*] Humour, dance sites, a webcam you can drive, it's a zoo. [Wondermill.com]
Aaron Dragushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 06:57 PM   #6
modf

Unhappy

Also, there are some merchants who do not record the sale with CJ until the item ships. So if the product is backordered, or the CC is declined etc, there could be a hold up as well.

The cj stats are not the greatest, but I have found them to be (sometimes painfully http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif) honest.
modf is offline   Reply With Quote