Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2001, 12:11 AM   #1
tmax

Default New sources of revenue

Hello,

I operate a classifieds site. The majority of ad listings are free of charge as we only charge for business listings. That is our main source of revenue. The other revenue sources are banner advertising and affiliate programs, both with minimal results.

I'm looking for other sources of revenue. I don't think pay-for-content is a practical option for a classifieds site. Any ideas for new revenue streams would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance,
tmax
tmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 12:49 AM   #2
malibber

If it were my site I would sign up for Affiliate programs through CJ, Befree, and LinkShare. I would then insert those Affilate ads into my listings. For example under Pets and Animals, a $10 off link at Petsmart.com would be a natural. Under personals, maybe an American Singles ad from CJ or Linkshare.
malibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 07:08 AM   #3
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

tmax,

Text links searches may be a good fit beside your classifieds.
Old 09-24-2001, 08:48 AM   #4
torifan

Also add a searchbox to allow your visitors to search the net. You'll get paid a few cents per search depending on the program and search terms your visitors use. You could incorporate a searchbox adjacent to your internal site searchbox.
torifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 09:00 AM   #5
JohanS
Member.

Admin review. Snipped and archived. Abuse procedures invoked. Spam.

Last edited by Steve_S; 09-26-2001 at 11:08 AM.
JohanS is offline   Reply With Quote