Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2001, 11:00 AM   #1
PistolPete

Default 24/7 Real Media

Anyone here a member of the 24/7 Real Media network?

If so, how are you doing with them? What's your default rate, net CPM?

Do they run ad sizes other than 468X60?

Thanks,

PistolPete
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 01:30 PM   #2
LordBiO

I am with 24/7 Real Media on an exclusive contract and up until 2 months ago, I was very happy with them. But lately they been filling in alot of my ad space with CPC ads which is good because not as many defaults as before. Default rate from like 50% has fallen to 25% now thanks to the CPC ads.

They do run pop up ads and skyscraper ads as well, and I almost got an Eyeblaster campaign with them, but Sprint backed out last minute due to poor performance of their other campaigns.

I am also in talks with them about email list services, because I have a membership of like 25,000 on my forums plus monthly contest which each generate 2500-5000 entries each which I hope to be able to do advertising through emails and also some OPT-IN stuff.

Has anyone had any experience with advertising focused on emails? If so, who do you recommend I go with?

Thanks!
LordBiO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 03:37 PM   #3
PistolPete

Thanks for the info LordBio.

One of their reps expressed interest in my site. That is why I wanted some info on them.

You mentioned that you have an exclusive contract with them. Do they also offer non exclusive contracts? If so, what is the difference in commission rates?

Thanks,

Peter
Old 11-28-2001, 03:53 PM   #4
LordBiO

Not really sure about the non-exlcusive compared to the exclusive, the reason why I went exclusive because at that time, I was looking for one ad company to really push my site and fill in all my advertising needs and I hoped 24/7 would be that answer. Plus the rep. told me that non-exclusive will mean you won't get the better campaigns (not sure how true this is because even exclusive, I seem to be just getting RON ads).

24/7 Real Media is a good company to go with though, they always pay on time and net-30 on whatever they collect for the month.

Also, I want to warn people about L90...they just dropped me, after paying me $75 a month for 4 million impressions monthly...and took me $1000 set up fee with them. I think I just got ****med by them.

So now I am left with 24/7 Real Media, Doubleclick and NextLevel for all my advertising needs. I hope things get better soon.
Old 11-28-2001, 04:46 PM   #5
Lil_Red

Quote:
Originally posted by LordBiO
Not really sure about the non-exlcusive compared to the exclusive, the reason why I went exclusive because at that time, I was looking for one ad company to really push my site and fill in all my advertising needs and I hoped 24/7 would be that answer. Plus the rep. told me that non-exclusive will mean you won't get the better campaigns (not sure how true this is because even exclusive, I seem to be just getting RON ads).

24/7 Real Media is a good company to go with though, they always pay on time and net-30 on whatever they collect for the month.

Also, I want to warn people about L90...they just dropped me, after paying me $75 a month for 4 million impressions monthly...and took me $1000 set up fee with them. I think I just got ****med by them.

So now I am left with 24/7 Real Media, Doubleclick and NextLevel for all my advertising needs. I hope things get better soon.
If you have an exclusive contract with 24/7, how are you running ads for Doubleclick and Nextlevel?
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 05:00 PM   #6
LordBiO

I should have explained that part better, I am running 24/7 ads on my network of sites and Doubleclick and Next Level ads on my forums (which actually get almost as many impressions as the network does).

The reason is because if 24/7 can't sell the 6 million ads I already give them, what they going to do with another 4 million? And because they are different domains, it does not become a problem.
Old 11-28-2001, 05:19 PM   #7
Lil_Red

Quote:
I should have explained that part better, I am running 24/7 ads on my network of sites and Doubleclick and Next Level ads on my forums (which actually get almost as many impressions as the network does).

The reason is because if 24/7 can't sell the 6 million ads I already give them, what they going to do with another 4 million? And because they are different domains, it does not become a problem.
Thanks. That makes sense.
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 07:26 PM   #8
PistolPete

Are the 24/7 media tower ads cpc or cpm?

PistolPete
Old 11-28-2001, 08:07 PM   #9
LordBiO

Depends, right now we have a campaign from Dell in the tower ads which is a CPC ad. Only good thing with a CPC campaign, is that you rarely see defaults when you got a CPC campaign running.

24/7 Media seems to be running more then a few CPC campaigns for me, which I guess is better then a nothing. You can always decline CPC ads and accept only CPM ads if you choose.
Old 11-28-2001, 10:23 PM   #10
firstmark

Who is Next Level that you keep referring to? Tell us about them.
firstmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 10:56 PM   #11
LordBiO

NextLevel is a pretty small advertising company but I do know they use Real Media's OAS (which is a good thing because I consider that the best ad software if you hosting the ad serving yourself).

How I got a deal with them was because one of their employees was my rep. at MusicVision before MV termrinated their contract with me because they said we were not a fit into their network.

Few months later, my rep. left MusicVision with several other MV employees and went over to NextLevel. And he gave me a call once he was there and that is how I come to know about them.

If you want to find out more about their advertising network check out this page:

http://www.nextlevel.com/index.php?p...ad_net&ext=php
Old 11-29-2001, 12:18 AM   #12
carven

Default NextLevel's Payment

I noticed that NextLevel uses advertising.com's system to serve their popup and normail banner with realmedia at the same time. And, without any investigation, I guess NL also resells part of their inventory from advertising.com.

LordBio, did you receive payment from them? One of my friends, who has been with NextLevel since the time they began to send email to ex-musicvision members to recuite them, still has not received any payment from NL since July. After my friends sent them several emails and gave them a call, NextLevel replied that the 911 tragedy got things a little bit messup in their office and would send out money soon. But almost tow months passed, my poor friend still kept waiting for the check slip into his mailbox.

What story do you have with them regarding payment, LordBio?
carven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 12:32 AM   #13
LordBiO

I have not gotten a payment from them either but I assumed that NextLevel would not stoop to the level of not paying. I was supposed to get my first check at the end of October and still not gotten it so I emailed my rep. on Monday asking about the first payment with no reply yet. I think tomorrow, I will give them a call to find out what is up.

I know they have an office in NY but I don't think payment would be affected by 9/11 because they are headquarted in Canada and I think that is where they would mail the check from.

I will update everyone tomorrow about the status of getting paid by NextLevel once I talk to them.
Old 11-29-2001, 03:01 PM   #14
cyrex
Member.

Hi,

Can you please post how much on average are you getting per cpm, since i am thinking about giving them a try.

thanks,

cyrex.

Quote:
I am with 24/7 Real Media on an exclusive contract and up until 2 months ago, I was very happy with them. But lately they been filling in alot of my ad space with CPC ads which is good because not as many defaults as before. Default rate from like 50% has fallen to 25% now thanks to the CPC ads.

They do run pop up ads and skyscraper ads as well, and I almost got an Eyeblaster campaign with them, but Sprint backed out last minute due to poor performance of their other campaigns.

I am also in talks with them about email list services, because I have a membership of like 25,000 on my forums plus monthly contest which each generate 2500-5000 entries each which I hope to be able to do advertising through emails and also some OPT-IN stuff.

Has anyone had any experience with advertising focused on emails? If so, who do you recommend I go with?

Thanks!
cyrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 03:16 PM   #15
LordBiO

I collect 40% of the revenues and it leaves me with .25 CPM (that includes banners, pop-ups (all pop ups tied into a banner campaign) and skyscrapers.

Not much but they pay always on time without any hassles.