Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Web Hosting Discussion
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2001, 12:21 PM   #16
Kaiosama

Unhappy

It's not necessarily network problems for all the sites. I can ping the server my domain is hosted on fine (we each get unique IP addresses per domain). Sometimes the server load is just great and operations time out.
Kaiosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 02:14 PM   #17
sianews

Unhappy

My rule is "When in doubt, Tera-byte is down" simply because it's always true. Up for 10 minutes, down for one, up for 10 minutes, down for one. It's gets rather annoying when your trying to upload things.

------------------
http://www.sianews.com : an independent, politically conservative news site
sianews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 03:46 PM   #18
TemporaryID

Unhappy

Seems like this server "Cobalt Linux release 6.0 (Shinkansen-Decaf)" is running out of disk space.
TemporaryID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2001, 08:53 PM   #19
Kaiosama

Unhappy

More tera-byte woes...

Right now their support staff is simply annoying the hell out of me! We have to go through simple log zipping session every day.

Here is how it usually happens.

I try to upload a file, my ftp file goes for it but cannot complete the process because my alloted diskspace has been used up. Now I automatically know it's the logs simply because my files are only using around 60 megs of the alloted 150.

(Yes, those log files are huge, 114 megs or larger sometimes... The reason they are so huge is because they have data from more then a month back)

Next I email tera-byte and they basically zip up my log file then delete the old one. Every day the cobalt os produces a new log file based on my hits from more then 1 month and several weeks ago. They say it's a cobalt OS bug... oh well

I just hate repeating that every single day!
Old 07-06-2001, 02:47 PM   #20
sianews

Unhappy

Down again.. We'll they just lost a cusotmer because I'm sick of this ****.

------------------
http://www.sianews.com : an independent, politically conservative news site
sianews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 02:49 PM   #21
Kaiosama

Unhappy

If I could find another more reliable webhost that offers cgi, php, mysql, 150 megs of diskspace, and at least 30 gigs transfer per month I'd be okay.

Under $20 bucks if possible...
Old 07-12-2001, 03:31 PM   #22
jokaroo

Unhappy

LoL. I am with Tera-byte too. As of right now I think I'm moving pretty soon. I am on Tera-byte's hosting plan 6, does anyone have any suggestions to where I should head off? I can't seem to find competitive offers.

------------------
Best Regards,
C. Pavlovski - Co-Owner
Site: http://www.jokaroo.com
Email: cpavlovski@jokaroo.com
jokaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 09:34 PM   #23
Kaiosama

Unhappy

Ventures online may be viable for you... That depends on how much bandwidth you use though.
Old 07-14-2001, 02:37 PM   #24
cyburrr
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiosama:
More tera-byte woes...

Right now their support staff is simply annoying the hell out of me! We have to go through simple log zipping session every day.

Here is how it usually happens.

I try to upload a file, my ftp file goes for it but cannot complete the process because my alloted diskspace has been used up. Now I automatically know it's the logs simply because my files are only using around 60 megs of the alloted 150.

(Yes, those log files are huge, 114 megs or larger sometimes... The reason they are so huge is because they have data from more then a month back)

Next I email tera-byte and they basically zip up my log file then delete the old one. Every day the cobalt os produces a new log file based on my hits from more then 1 month and several weeks ago. They say it's a cobalt OS bug... oh well

I just hate repeating that every single day!
Me too! I don't notice my site down much, but the disk usage tracking really makes me nervous. They even suggested I 'ugrade'. but then suddenly the next day my stie was at 11mb!! *sigh*

cyburrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2001, 08:38 PM   #25
Kaiosama

Unhappy

I just downgraded two of my sites to plan 4 which has 100 MBs. However due to log file woes one of them has a disk quota of 350 megs.

I lost a ton of traffic because some of my former addresses for my main site has been lost. They were owned by another company I used to be hosted by. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif So bandwidth isn't an issue anymore.