Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2000, 10:40 AM   #1
cyburrr
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Question Battle of the Reselling Host Sites

Ok...the goal is to host some small sites I've done - within my site without paying extra monthly.....

I've narrowed it down to 2....

WestHost vs. Tera-Byte

Both: cheap, reliable, fast response time

WestHost pros; 'unlimited bandwidth' (yeah, I know...but I couldn't find the TOS to dispute it).....preinstalled sripts ( BBS, counters etc - Matts I assume)....online control panel...manual - CONS; set up fee

Tera-Byte pros; 30GB bandwidth (plenty)...affiliated with redirect.net (whom I plan to use regardless, but may go more smoothly)...Canadian based eh (like me) CONS; no mention of control panel, script support

I need to register 2 sites asap - any input either way would be greatly appreciated. Pros/Cons...anything I've overlooked etc....Thanx!
cyburrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2000, 02:26 PM   #2
Johnny
Member.

Unhappy

never used westhost.com.. but my friend uses tera-bytes.. he say its reliable.. but if you want a fast hosting don't go to them.. took them 1 week and a half to set up his account.. and have to wait 2 more days for the domain name to get register...

If you really! want fast hosting.. then go to addr.com setup your account in mintues.. and its true I try them.
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2000, 06:58 AM   #3
Drastic

Thumbs up

I use westhost, have for about a year and a half. I have been very happy with them. I asked them about bandwidth when I first started using them, and the basic package ($8.95/month) included 2-3 GB of bandwidth. This was quite a while back, so they may have upped this number. You may want to check with them about this.

------------------
FREEandHOT.com - The Select Guide to Free Stuff Online
Drastic is offline   Reply With Quote