Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Domain Names
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2005, 08:21 AM   #1
esoomllub
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Default GoDaddy Getting Smarter?

I just registered another domain name at godaddy, my registrar of choice. I expected as usual to get the 264 or so pages of upsells. They have changed the checkout process for the better in my mind. There are still a couple (maybe 3) pages of upsells, but then I came to a page that asked if I was an advanced user and wanted to skip the value added upsells (my words not theirs). Now there may be questions as to whether I am an advanced user , but with regards to their checkout, I have become very adept at click the "no thanks" buttons.

So... I clicked the advanced option and voila', I am past the upsells. Very nice.
While the upsell pages were pretty benign to me, I know many people started to complain about GoDaddy because of them. This should make some of those people a little happier with the GoDaddy process.
esoomllub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:55 AM   #2
Larwee

GeekGuide

esoomllub, GoDaddy has been doing this for a while now. I am not positive as to how long, but it is at least several months. I've been using this advance feature and I like it. I also didn't like all of the selling GoDaddy was doing when you would register or renew a domain name. They still do a little of it but it isn't nearly as bad because of the change that they made.
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote