Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2001, 09:12 PM   #1
RFleege

Unhappy Making money on sports sites

Hi,

I have 3 sports sites (www.hardrocksports.com, www.thefrozentundra.com, www.cameroncrazies.com) that get about 750k page views monthly and am trying many different money making ideas without much success. I was just wondering if any of you have sports sites and what types of things you are doing to make money. Thanks.

Ross
RFleege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 09:21 PM   #2
Outlaw

Unhappy

Email me at webmaster@zonify.com

I can give good cpm rates as well as pop-ups cpms http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
- AI Corp.
www.animeinstinct.com
www.animetopsites.com
www.dbzhost.com
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 11:36 PM   #3
thefanzone

Thumbs up

Hey... Cool... I have been to your hardrocksports.com site before. In fact I have a link up for you on my new site, fantasy X football under pick'em games. Anyway, on my other site Fantasy Asylum, we use fastclick's pop under and banner ads, and have surprisingly had pretty good success. Right now, we are starting our own pick'em game, having 2 versions, 1 free and 1 pay, which may help us make some money. The entry fee for the pay game will be very small, so hopefully a few people will sign up, but we also have to give out prizes. This may be something you could consider as you already have a game and user base developed. Hope this helps a bit...

[This message has been edited by thefanzone (edited 07-07-2001).]

thefanzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 01:21 AM   #4
safesys

Unhappy

Might be worth approaching fastclick.com, they mailed me with preapproval on one of my sports sites that gets very little traffic - so I'm guessing they have inventory for sports sites.
safesys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 11:53 PM   #5
thefanzone

Unhappy

Actually the ads served on our site aren't really sports related, yet we still manage to make some money. I hate how the high click through rates are all on CPM campaigns though. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of CPM? Having a banner that says you have 1 message waiting, or something of that sort, does that build an brand awareness? Hmm... maybe this isn't the right topic to discuss this in, but I would like to hear an answer to that.

------------------
Fantasy Asylum - fantasy football information for the insane fan

thefanzone is offline   Reply With Quote