Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell > Archives of old posts from Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2001, 09:30 PM   #1
ebtravis

Default selling my site guide

I have pretty much become burnt out on my website and am interested in selling it. Anyways I got an account on Afternic and am awaiting for someone to appraise it. Anyways anyone know of any other sites that guide you through the selling of your site, or would anyone offer any input on my site and how much you think I could get for it? If not just guide me through...

site: www.eboarding.net
about: skateboarding / extreme sports
unique visitors a day - 1000-1500
page views a month: 500,000

probably largest skateboard forums on the net and most popular : http://forums.eboarding.net

email service: http://mail.eboarding.net

thanks everyone!
Old 08-12-2001, 08:41 PM   #2
firstmark

Don't waste your time on the apprasails.
No serious buyer cares what external services think a site may be worth. How much are you making with Burst.
What price range would you consider for the site?
Old 08-13-2001, 02:12 PM   #3
ebtravis

currently making bout $200 a month with burst, not that much but then again thats with no advertising, promotion methods. i am not really sure what to ask for. what are sites usually going for these days? i am mainly looking for a buyer who is either gonna just make the site redirect to their site and make it big and try and earn some money from it, but i know a lot of places won't risk that.
Old 08-13-2001, 05:05 PM   #4
firstmark

ebtravis
How many unique visitors do you have a month. You stated how many per day but how many per month?
Where is your traffic coming from. If you are serious about selling your site then you need to be able to tell people where your traffic is coming from. Do you have any stats about referral url's for your site?
Also how much time do you spend updating content on the site?
How many of your monthly page views are message board related?
Your site is probably worth between 1000 and 5,000 maybe more if traffic can be verified. What sort of price range are you looking for?
The reason estimates are low for small sites run by one person is because a potential buyer has no real idea what goes into maintaining that traffic and running the site. Maybe without the creative updated content of the former owner the site's traffic might decay a little with time or drop to zero. There is the real risk.
Old 08-14-2001, 12:05 PM   #5
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

High,

Best of luck with your efforts. I just posted this Forums Rules/Procedures in the sticky at the top or here:

http://66.33.83.213/forums/showthrea...threadid=12170

My appolagies for the delay in posting these guidelines. Could you please post the details of your sale as per our procedures in this thread. Thanks in advance for your help.