Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 10:51 PM   #46
lookfindnow
Member.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sashman
Good lord, my mind is in the gutter.
Lol also Sashman your a very smart man I love adoutput. I have been using it for a long time. Also I have joined many companies just because of your review at your site.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:51 PM   #47
njpete

Quote:
Originally posted by lookfindnow
Robert let me call you email me your phone number to admin@searchnetnow.com
I would be shocked if your account is

a) still there
or
b) there and set to be paid

Sorry to tell you this and i really feel bad that happens.

anonymous posting doesn't seem so bad now to all who see this.

Yes i am looking to hide my identity. Have i not been clear on this, i mean when i get deleted from geekvillage i want to re-register with the name anonymousposter (so leave this open guys )
Old 02-10-2004, 10:57 PM   #48
tobiasussing

The purpos.

Could someone tell me what the purpos of this threat is.

What does any party of this discussion have to gain from this thread?

Yes SIC have bad ads in their rotation. Ofcourse they do. It is impossible for any network of SIC's size to avoid bad ads.
Short of serving the pop(html+picture/flash) themselves they can do naught.

And if lookfindgo/now is as big as it claims, you will also have these kinds of problem. I have actually found that larger networks have a cleaner rotation than smaller networks.

And yet again i wonder. Who has anything to gain from this threat. It is a discussion with no purpos but having the discussion.

In 5 min i could quote the first 10 posts that SIC doesn't pay, give me a day and i can qoute 1000 posts. What does that prove, NOTHING. People ignore the TOS, people abuse the system, people doesn't comply when they are notified of errors. Thus they wont get paid, or they will lose the service provided by SIC. And with the size of SIC there will be a huge number of people who are angry, simply because they didn't comply.

Sorry for ranting like that.

Sincerly
Tobias Ussing

Been with SIC for 4+ years, and proud of it.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:00 PM   #49
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Yikes, the anonymous posters are especially embittered tonight. I know it would eat me up inside if I were too ashamed to stand up for my statements.

Tobias, thanks for the words, no need to reply to the anonymous posters. It just gives them some form of credibility. Everyone knows him/her for the coward he/she is. Leave it at that.

Jason, It's 11pm here. No one is in our office until 8:30am tomorrow morning. We are GMT -5.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:04 PM   #50
lookfindgo
Member.

tobiasussing This has nothing to do with me. I just came here to set the record straight (Or Gay depending on your sexual orientation). And that's not a personal issue with me, I'm just trying to be politically straight (or gay, LOl).

Thank you

Dave
Old 02-10-2004, 11:05 PM   #51
lookfindnow
Member.

Alright now seence this is going nowhere now. Could a mod please close this thread maybe even delete it so we can just move on. I still want to try out SI more. Maybe tonight Ill change my code to see how 24 hours does. See when I first ran your code I was making only 50 cents daily from put with about 3-4 unieq daily on one site. I'll try it out again if thats ok with your robert. I will also call ommorow most likely to clear this all up.

Mod Close out thread or get rid of it please
Old 02-10-2004, 11:08 PM   #52
njpete

Yeah this is going to be my last post here this post is getting stale.

But my purpos"e" is and this is not directed at anyone in particular is pick your partners carefully and if you do have something that doesn't sit right with them and you post you might as well do it anoymously so you don't get deleted.

This was a valid post backed up with real proof.

Good Night Everybody.... i have to go the Daily Show is on.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:08 PM   #53
lookfindnow
Member.

I aplogies robert as I see part of this is my fault. I thought you guys were serving your own popups not someone elses. Cause I have never seen advertiser area. Thanks and Sorry hope we can suceed together.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:09 PM   #54
lookfindnow
Member.

But I still need to talk about the counts if there still going low.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:12 PM   #55
emmzee

I have to say, this has been one of the most lively threads we've had here in quite awhile

I would agree with most of what tobiasussing said, and would say that this thread should probably be locked now.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:12 PM   #56
EMINEM79

Robert are you calling me an anonymous poster?

I feel so outraged
Old 02-10-2004, 11:16 PM   #57
SinisterX

lookfindwhomgo, i believe you have wasted more of your time recklessly starting this thread and keeping it running continuously. you could have used the time to add more "premium" partners to your backend.

What you have done is wasted precious time and should be fired by the CEO. What you're doing basically is bashing SI.

Who really cares? Since when are you an investigator? Competitor bashing another competitor and keeps goin on it. Geez layoff already.

Dave, (other poster), Standard Internet owns some of the most prominent sites on the net. In addition their ad network probably get 1,000,000 times the impressions than yours gets in a month.

Budsinc, what do you have to do with this thread? You enter it for no reason with your friendly signature saying join Buds Inc! Maybe if Buds Inc paid acceptable rates premium publishers would join you. Standard Internet pays $4 CPM for pops while you guys pay a lil over $1.50 i believe.

I wish standard internet ran some CPM banner programs because i'm certainly sure the payout would be more than the measly 30-50 cents CPM that most people have to struggle to even get from you.

Last edited by SinisterX; 02-10-2004 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:23 PM   #58
lookfindnow
Member.

Quote:
Originally posted by SinisterX
lookfindwhomgo, i believe you have wasted more of your time recklessly starting this thread and keeping it running continuously. you could have used the time to add more "premium" partners to your backend.

What you have done is wasted precious time and should be fired by the CEO. What you're doing basically is bashing SI.

Who really cares? Since when are you an investigator? Competitor bashing another competitor and keeps goin on it. Geez layoff already.

Dave, (other poster), Standard Internet owns some of the most prominent sites on the net. In addition their ad network probably get 1,000,000 times the impressions than yours gets in a month.

Budsinc, what do you have to do with this thread? You enter it for no reason with your friendly signature saying join Buds Inc! Maybe if Buds Inc paid acceptable rates premium publishers would join you. Standard Internet pays $4 CPM for pops while you guys pay a lil over $1.50 i believe.

I wish standard internet ran some CPM banner programs because i'm certainly sure the payout would be more than the measly 30-50 cents CPM that most people have to struggle to even get from you.
What are you talking about. The 50 cents is a popup company I using right now that pays me. Second fired? This is my free time right now I'm not working so please explain why I should be fired. Im not basing a competitor. Does lookfindnow.com offer anything like popuptraffic.com No were 2 different companies. I was asking about my stats as using PUT code on my other sites. So please read before post. Also did you miss the this thread should be closed.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:37 PM   #59
Steve_S

ladies, gents, boys, girls, geeks, lurkers, and kiddies

Subject thread has run it's course. I'm locking the thread and appreciate some of the participation but not all of it.

Thanks for the guidence on what to do. Thanks in advance for your anticpated cooperation.

Locked and the issue is closed
Closed Thread