Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 09:22 PM   #16
njpete

I am anonymous for a reason, i post truthful opinions on companies i have dealt with in the past and deal with in the future.

Not every company likes what i have to say and companies that don't pay thier affiliates i am sure have a real problem with me. I have seen publishers on many different boards post opinions and whoops next day there account is gone. I suggest every webmaster go anonymous and post truthfully.

It's funny how you made several smoke and mirror type posts and really didn't address a real concern i have seen posted many times before with SI. It's not about Lookfindwhoever.

I also don't appreciate being called gutless and again i will ask that the staff here enforce the terms and conditions for your personal attacks. Hey if not i got a few "roses" i would love to throw your way. Well i am glad i cost you some money let's keep that tally going
Old 02-10-2004, 09:24 PM   #17
lookfindnow
Member.

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert from SI
lookfindnow,

Aren't you running a competing program?

It's not nice to use a different name and disparage your competitors....

It seems as though you're posting here under 2 names...LookFindGo and LookFindNow. Whois info looks the same as well... Hmmm...

You're making $0.50 and thats 8 times more than you made with PopUpTraffic?

I doubt your statements are true.

Making .50 cents cpm which eqautes to 4.00 dollars about daily. Sorry about misunderstandment.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:25 PM   #18
lookfindnow
Member.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sashman
It's probably not the same person. Unless he is using a proxy, one is posting from ALBUQUERQUE NEW MEXICO and the other from CHANTILLY VIRGINIA (sorry bout caps, cutnpaste).

Btw, *waves* over at chantilly from dulles.
I'm from New Mexico Albuquerque.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:29 PM   #19
lookfindnow
Member.

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert from SI
sigh...

NJpete is an anonymous poster and he never misses an opportunity to badmouth anything from SI. He is most likely a competitor.

LookFindWhomever is an anonymous poster who states that he knows "lots" of webmasters are removing PUT. Please name any or all of these "lots of webmasters. He won't.

In the previous thread complaining about a "virus" the poster posted his 12 hour cookie as "evidence" of the virus.

Brokering is the nature of the business on pops. FastClick, CasaleMedia and everyone else broker traffic. I know because they broker some traffic thru us weather now or in the past.

And I've seen PLENTY of adware products advertised thru both of those networks as well as every other network out there. Pretty much every free software, screensaver, "smilie" etc offer contains adware....that doesn't mean it's amlicious or bad....it means its adware.

I'm out of the office for the day, I won't be responding to anymore posts in a badmouthing thread started by an anonymous poster and extended by anonymous posters. (No offence to legitimate members such as Reah, Sashman, emmzee etc.)
Badmouthing me will do nothing better for your company. As I have stated lookfindnow.com is a mirror site of lookfindgo.com. Also your company pays because I have been paid. I'm from Albuquerque New Mexico as stated above want me to call. Wanna see my drivers license. I'm not here to hurt your company I basically stated what kind of results I got with my site. Also the results of your competitors.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:33 PM   #20
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Jason/lookfindnow,

Welcome to the "Village" and my very best wishes. No need to call me or anyone else on the phone although it's a very nice offer. We ran our security check on you some time ago and you passed with flying colors.

I do appreciate your candor. You have started one of our more interesting <cough> threads and I think and hope you will find this Forum as close to the "no spin zone" as humanily possible in the imperfect world of Forums. Don't forget our Search feature which goes back 5+ years.

Merchants who think they can help lookfindnow with a viable program are encouraged to contact him via PM or email.

Edit: to some of the other geeks in this thread but not all of you. PLEASE, perhaps decalf would help or better yet use PM and or email to continue your jabs and barbs.

Thank you in advance for your anticpated cooperation and help.

Last edited by Steve_S; 02-10-2004 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:38 PM   #21
Robert from SI

Jason,
1) It's generally considered poor form to badmouth a competitor in a public forum.

2) Please identify "the guy" who told not to buy from PUT because it "makes a big yellow page"

3) Please identify the "lots of webmasters" who are leaving PUT.

Czar,
I'm looking to take business from lookfindgo and budsinc. I have no issues with Fastclick, etc. As "njpete" is most likely a competitor I'll be happy to extend the offer to whatever program he/she runs as well.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:39 PM   #22
Robert from SI

"lookfindwhomever" I'm not badmouthing you or your program in any way.

I'm asking you to back up your false statements about my program. Please do so.

Last edited by Robert from SI; 02-10-2004 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:41 PM   #23
lookfindnow
Member.

Thanks Steve atleast someone is reading what I'm typing.

Also Robert from SI is this one of your publishers.

http://www.retardedinternetgeek.com/index.php

On that page people have complained it does something like install a virus or something. If you need me to find more proof I can. Also you can give me a call and I'll direct you on the phone to everyone talking about.

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:27 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was tracking this down when I got the email - yes, from what I can see it's popuptraffic. View source on http://www.retardedinternetgeek.com/index.php - nice little piece of code in there.

I was just wondering how to get hold of you, Rod, to see what could be done about it. This surprises me, as popuptraffic usually don't allow this kind of thing, and usually pull anything that breaks their TOS pretty quick.

From one forum. I'm not here to hurt your company steve. Maybe we could go over my account and check the stats and everything. I dont know why I make more money at other places than yours. I have been paid by you great company etc.. So please dont bad mouth me. Also the popup thing Im not sure if you intented a page like this. the users setup the page to do this. Or you didnt know at all. Some browsers block this and some others dont. So like I said I'm sorry about getting off to bad start but if you want we can chat on the phone and discuss some issues.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:43 PM   #24
lookfindnow
Member.

I'm not a competitor I'm just a mirrorded websites and thats it. I dont have an affiliation with lookfindgo.com popup program but I am with there 50% share program. Do you wanna chat on phone.

Last edited by lookfindnow; 02-10-2004 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:46 PM   #25
lookfindnow
Member.

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:07 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I found the problem. It IS Popuptraffic

*******, I just had to pause all of your pages because you are running Popuptraffic on all of them.

I know this isn't YOUR fault but you will need to remove PopupTraffic.

I am going to send out a mass mail to ALL publishers of **** and ask them to PLEASE not use PopUpTraffic for now until they resolve this problem.

Lets hope this stops the hassles for now.

This is another post pulled off the forums. This one the ***** i did to remove there names.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:52 PM   #26
lookfindnow
Member.

http://www.megaman-online.com/ This website removed the code until it gets fixed.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:54 PM   #27
lookfindnow
Member.

Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:52 pm Post subject:

***** wrote:
I was tracking this down when I got the email - yes, from what I can see it's popuptraffic. View source on http://www.retardedinternetgeek.com/index.php - nice little piece of code in there.

I was just wondering how to get hold of you, *****, to see what could be done about it. This surprises me, as popuptraffic usually don't allow this kind of thing, and usually pull anything that breaks their TOS pretty quick.

I was wondering how to get hold of YOU ***** - I DO wish you'd install Trillian! You and Rod both. It would make life so much easier for you and us: http://www.trillian.cc/downloads/ Free 2.7Mb d/l

Anyway, that retarded url shows ONLY a blank page on Firebird and Opera - If you look at the file do.php in directory 98 at that site it really starts to get nasty I had to use wget with a fake user agent of MSIE Windows98 just to see it.

I saw you posted over at sictalk. My experience has been that SIC think they are some sort of gods who shall not be criticised, even though their advertisers have OFTEN in the past slipped nasty sites in, especially at the Weekend. I have always found them very reluctant to accept any sort of responsibility for multiple and nasty popups

Another post on forum. Still want more proof?
Old 02-10-2004, 09:55 PM   #28
Robert from SI

I have sent a note to my tech staff to find this pop in our rotation (if it is in our rotation) and disable it. I don't know what it is. We run hundreds of pops for dozens of companies.

I've also sent a note to my sales manager and told him to terminate the account of whomever the broker is who ran it if there is anything even remotely unsavory going on.

Jason, I have no idea what these posts of yours are about or what you are trying to accomplish.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:55 PM   #29
lookfindnow
Member.

http://sictalk.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=11735

Thats your forum right read the thread. Seems like it shows someone saying there pulling your sites and having problems with this pop.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:57 PM   #30
EMINEM79

Is this a discussion about "bad" pops appearing in SI's rotation? If so what is there to proove, there seems to be a new thread each week, and that's pretty bad in my opinion considering I dont see many people using it.
Closed Thread