Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Web Hosting Discussion
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2001, 02:31 AM   #1
Nintendo
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Talking Let's share our great web hosting support experiences.

Let's share our great web hosting support experiences, since support is one of the most important things with web hosting. I'll start.

I got hosted at http://www.f5hosting.com/ for two of my sites for less than a month and they were to big for them (Crashing Apache) so I got a dedicated server from http://www.rackshack.net/ and they moved the content/MySQL database over to the server, knowing the whole time that I wouldn't be doing business with them anymore!!!!!!! They spent about eight hours doing this!!! They actually felt bad for me that I was going through all of this!!! I offered to let them take $50.00 out of my credit card for moving every thing for me since it would of took me a week to move every thing (About 100 megs with me at 24K internet connection), and they refused to take it!!!!

Now if that wasn't great support, I don't know what is.

Last edited by Nintendo; 07-28-2001 at 02:31 AM.
Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote