Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell > Archives of old posts from Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2001, 12:46 PM   #1
zMan

Unhappy Advertising Offer: Popular Site With 850,000 Monthly Uniques

Hi Guys-n-Gals,

I have a very good advertising offer, at a very reasonable price. I manage the advertising sales for indianmasala.com & the site get's around 850,000 unique visitors per month. It's a fairly large & popular site.

The front-page top 468x60 banner-spot (non-rotateable) is available for a full month (31 days) at $395.00. This is an incredible price because we get so many unique visitors & I am positive this will be a great value to the advertiser.

I usually sell this spot privately but this time I thought I'd post about it on geek/talk and see if any geek/talk'ers are interested or not. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Please e-mail me at indianmasala@yahoo.com if you're interested or if you have any questions or concerns (or just post 'em here). Again, this spot is limited to _one_ advertiser so act quick if you're interested in this ad-spot. I will post here as soon as the spot sells so you guys know it.

Again, indianmasala.com get's 850,000 unique visitors per month and the front-page top-spot will be yours for $395.00 for a full month (31-days) and the ad-spot is non-rotateable. We will also provide statistics of the campaign.

I don't want to give any CPM calculations here but this works out to be about $0.465/Unique-Views-CPM knowing we get 850,000 unique visitors per-month, or about $0.395/impressions-CPM knowing the front-page get's about 1million views/per month. Even in today's advertising conditions, this is a pretty good & low rate.

Please e-mail me at indianmasala@yahoo.com if you're interested or have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

------------------
zMan
Old 06-26-2001, 02:07 PM   #2
Guava

Unhappy

Why is the spot non-rotateable? does that mean it'll just show one banner all month long. No variety?

------------------
Guava
NetMongol.com Free E-Mail @YourDomain.com
Keep 100% of the Banner Space! For only $10 per month
NetMongol Affiliate Program Paying $5 per sale and then $2 per month after that
Old 06-26-2001, 04:18 PM   #3
zMan

Unhappy

Hi Guave,

What I mean is that the spot is only yours, it's not shared by any other advertisers, hence your ads will not rotate with other advertiser/site ads, and that's what I mean by "non-rotateable". Maybe I should've been more clear on that, sorry for any confusion. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

The advertiser can choose to run as many ads they want, and seperate statistics will be given for each banner with it's own CTR, impressions shown, clicks, etc so you can see how each ad is performing.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

------------------
zMan
Old 06-27-2001, 12:57 PM   #4
zMan

Unhappy

<push.up> <look> http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
zMan
Old 06-28-2001, 02:48 PM   #5
JakeJeck

Unhappy

Your sales pitch might want to include some demographics such as visiting countries/languages, where traffic is coming from and what search engine terms they're using, page views vs. uniques, etc....