Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell > Archives of old posts from Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2000, 03:15 PM   #1
1lit

Unhappy Anybody interested in this award-winning site?

I have tried to follow all the rules about posting websites for sale, so I hope the following is OK http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

1. Your name:
Nadeem Azam

2. URL of site: http://www.litjunkie.com

3. Age of site:
3 months

4. Approximate monthly page views and/or unique visitor:
100 per day. Listed in Yahoo! and other directories

5. How does site generate income? How much? Not yet, just via affiliate programs

6. Who develops content and how much time does it require?
Me and some friends. Free newsfeed scripting available.

7. Reason for selling:
The site was created to sell (so that I can pay my bills because my own site is not generating much money at the moment http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif )

8. Will you help with the transition of the site to the new owner?
Price includes full transition costs. The site can be re-branded. Includes free customised graphics, banners and more...

9. Does the site have an e-zine or newsletter? Number of subscribers?
Yes there is a Listbot ezine, not many subscribers though.

10. The asking price for the site.
US$3000 or UKŁ1500

Some of the features of Litjunkie.com:

· mailing list – communicate with your customers at no cost as frequently or infrequently as you like
· debating board – let your readers discuss literary topics
· poll – interactive poll which encourages surfers to return to your site
· macromedia flash - created with cutting-edge technology for superior aesthetics and easy site maintenance
· e-commerce enabled – cut out the ‘middle men’, the bookshops, and allow customers to buy your books direct from your website
· new revenue stream - earn commission every time somebody from your site buys products from BOL, Blackstar.co.uk and other companies
· superior web hosting – from Veoweb.net, the world’s premier web host
· search engines – the site has been submitted to 500 search engines for maximum exposure
· free marketing – see www.litjunkie.com/banners.html for banners created by our graphics team so that you may promote your new website all over the web
· tracker - advanced tracking system allows you to access demographic information about visitors to your site
· email – allow your staff members to have any email addresses they like @litjunkie.com
· low ongoing charges – only $10 per month web hosting cost. Usually over $30
· .com domain name – having a ‘dot com’ domain name is a valuable asset per se
· litvillage.com/litmania.com/1Lit.com – if you prefer, you may opt for either of these domain names for your website instead of litjunkie.com or your present URL (cost extra)
· retain current domain name – we can transfer the site to your web address if you prefer

The site was selected as a Yahoo!-pick-of-the-week in October.

Please write to na@nazam.com with your address and I will mail you an information pack.

Thank you.

N. Azam