Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with Email > Anti-Spam Talk For Webmasters
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2004, 12:49 AM   #1
SiteTutorWebDesign

Question Am I imagining this ...

or has my spam decreased since the spammer got busted ?
SiteTutorWebDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:10 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Unfortunately I think your experience might be a freak occurence. Global spam volume doesn't seem to have been impacted as yet.

Nevertheless, hopefully once a couple more of the key Vicodin/******/Soma/Rx spammers, email address CD sellers and ID thieves are nailed with meaningful jail terms, the get-rich-quick and script kiddie crowds will start to see that the risks surrounding spam outweigh the potential benefits. At present, it still seems that spammers are relatively safe from actual prosecution.

Welcome to Geek/Talk by the way, SiteTutor.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:10 AM   #3
ryanw

I can say in the last week, I'm getting around 95% less spam for some reason. I hadn't made the connection, though.
ryanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 02:04 AM   #4
georgec

Nope, just as much spam for me. The guy may be a big sender of spam, but the true problem are those companies that use spam to reach people. They'll just quickly switch to another "service provider."
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote