Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2001, 12:31 PM   #1
pearce6
Member.

Unhappy

Well i will re-post my tips, with a note that ignorance doesn;t make u a better webmaster, u can learn alot of stuff from benchmarking and seeing what others do that was my point. Anyway my tips with #3 changed:

1.) When using CPA sponsor first make sure they are targetted then write a short experience about them, advertise the new article in your news etc, Grreat conversion rates.

2.) When looking for CPM banners remember that it is likely u get a low cpm and chukced out network if you put the banner on pages which not likely to generate clicks. Think long term and short.

3.) Look at our other sites advertise, look at the leaders in the market, benchmark against them, ask them for advice.

4.) Co-operate with webmasters, get yourself ICQ, all my ad deals and traffic deals are done on there http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
pearce6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 12:59 PM   #2
JakeJeck

Unhappy

Listen to these shows:
http://www.moneyroom.com/radio/
JakeJeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 02:33 PM   #3
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

Visit the profile link at your favorite BB http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif and create an appropriate and compliant "sig". Keep it short and sweet and make sure it complies with the Rules and Guidelines. Test it in your favorite BB Test forum.

Then use it (Show Signature check box) to network and brand your screen name. It will lead to financial and emotional rewards.

------------------
Steve_S
Administrator/Owner/Webmaster/Tribal Chief/Janitor
Read what our Members think of geek/talk.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant." -Horace
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 10:26 PM   #4
dot_com

Unhappy

ThornWithin, if you do sell it for a 100,000 can i have half....lol http://geekvillage.com/ubb/biggrin.gif
dot_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 11:46 PM   #5
ThornWithin

Unhappy Lets start Sharing Tips `n Tricks (another try)

This time lets stay on the course please, the course is "tips sharing". If you come aboard we will reach the better together.

If you do turn the rudder while i m eating my lunch, mysterious God of this forum know by the name of Steve_S will come and will sink the ship 10000 miles below, so lets focus.

Another tip i got is this..

If you dont know which are the best performing affiliate programs why dont you check out hitbox.com and see what top 10 sites of your niche are promoting?

Hell, tips fall like rain, its just that its not raining in all parts of the country, damn it with this forecast on CNN! I hope it will, my cabbage in the backyard is thirsty... i`d appreciate some rain.

[This message has been edited by ThornWithin (edited 06-12-2001).]
ThornWithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 11:50 PM   #6
dot_com

Wink

The Fastest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it in your pocket !!! http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
dot_com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 11:58 PM   #7
ThornWithin

Unhappy

Thank you very much dot_com, i plan to sell that tip for 100.000$ at eBay.com

[This message has been edited by ThornWithin (edited 06-12-2001).]
Old 06-13-2001, 04:02 AM   #8
ThornWithin

Unhappy

No tips, no tricks.
Well, i cant blame you people, i agree, i know why you dont wanna post here.

[This message has been edited by ThornWithin (edited 06-13-2001).]
Old 06-13-2001, 06:22 AM   #9
JP Sauve
Member.

Unhappy

To help generate a couple of extra bucks, put ads in your newsletter
subscription confirmation email. It's a great ad spot and will get
you above-norm results.

------------------
JP Sauve,
for FreebieGeek.com - NEW! Earn 75 cents per lead
and Prize-O-Matic.com - Earn 25 cents for our PS2 giveaway
JP Sauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 06:33 AM   #10
WildComputer

Unhappy

It's kinda hard to give a tip without conext. It's like trying to answer a question before you know what the question is.

Specific tips:

1. Test, test, test, response+sales, etc. all the time..

2. ClickBank's affiliate programs are way under-rated
- check out each merchant to make sure that most of their sales do go thru Clickbank.
- which page of their category a merchant is in, seems to give you a ball-park clue as to their total volume (I'm not 100% certain on accuracy of this - but it does seem to be sorta true). Unfortunately you can't compare between categories though.

3. Integrate ads into your content.

4. Follow-up Autoresponders are, sometimes, good way to close sales.

How to make money:
1. Make a site that makes a few or more $ per day.
2, Go to step 1

How to make big money:
1. Find something or some information or some service, that any niche group people, who have a credit card and you can (fairly) easily reach, want
2. Find a solution that you can sell at a decent profit per sale
3. Write a good sales letter
4. Drive as much qualified rtaffic to the site as possible, e.g. Start an affiliate program, or use banner ads - track+test carefully
5. Go to step 1 or step 4.

------------------
Sunil Tanna
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 08:53 AM   #11
weagle

Unhappy

if you want to double your money psychologically (in divine order of course) this is a tip one of my parents bosses at a restaurant used to do whenever he gave the money out from the cash he wouldn't just GIVE it to worker he would count it but as he counted it he would say 10,20,30 etc.. but would count the money towards him and then give it out so that it would double someday whatever wages he gave out. He was one of the busiest independent restaurants (back then before the franchise industry was nothing). I recall one time when I went to a gas station one dude did the exact opposite when he bought cigarettes he just threw the money at the cashier, psychologically speaking it's as though he didn't want the money and I guess he'd attract loss (ie get more nervous smoke more cigarettes spend more money and attract more loss on cigarette buying than if he were calm about it, smoke less cigarettes and save his money).
weagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 10:38 AM   #12
ThornWithin

Unhappy

Wild Computer,
the name of this forun:
MAKING MONEY ON THE INTERNET, tips are related to that.
You know, associate programs and commercial products, what else could be there? http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

A tip: when you see an expert try to talk with him/her, open up a conversation, be polite and friendly, they will help you because most of them are good generous people, and generous people will tell you what no (e)book whatsoever will.
Old 06-13-2001, 03:36 PM   #13
WildComputer

Unhappy

ThornWithin, I am fully aware of the topic of this forum.

The point I am trying to make is that there are a zillion ways to make money on the Internet, and a zillion things that influence most of those ways. It is pretty hard to pick one arbitary item out of those lists.

If you check the archive for this forum, which contains over 38,000 posts - a significant percentage of these posts contain "tips'n'tricks"

------------------
Sunil Tanna
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 04:22 PM   #14
ThornWithin

Unhappy

Hi WildComputer

You have a good point.

Becuase of that, tips should be about something general that will help everybody.

Thats the theme of this post, thats the theme of this board afterall.

One of the reasons of this topic was to help as many people as possible, so by setting a specific topic, lots of them would be 'left on the cold'.

I think if one is willing to share a valuable tip about money making, its not hard to figure out how to do so.

for example, you did that, will the others? http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
We`ll see.

Ivan

[This message has been edited by ThornWithin (edited 06-13-2001).]
Old 06-13-2001, 04:29 PM   #15
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

Here's the 3 tips I give out the most:

1) Concentrate on high value websites, not faddish websites that generate tons of traffic.

(remember....the ease at which you can build traffic to a website is inversely proportional to the value of that traffic.)

ie. Britney Spears websites generate big traffic fast and little income. Health, financial, and automotive websites take time to build up, but the traffic is gold.

And when Britney Spears and Pokemon and N'Sync all fade away the time you spent on your website will dissapear too. A high value site will continue to earn money ad infinitum.

2) Keep score using dollars and not traffic.

When you're evaluating affiliate programs worry about the bottom line income, not how many cents per click, or what the raw/unique ratio is. Track your dollars. You'd be surprised how many $20.00 CPA programs outperform similar $30.00 CPA programs and how many $0.05 CPC programs out earn $0.10 CPC programs.

3) Learn from others.

When I left for school every morning when I was a boy my grandmother said to me "Keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut." (She said it in Italian but you get the idea.) What she meant was learn, learn, learn.

Read all you can about marketing your website. Find out what similar websites to yours are doing. Don't assume that you know everything. You don't. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

I've found that the cheapest way to get experience is to learn from other people's mistakes. And the way you find out about this is to keep learning every day and don;t assume you know everything. If Bill Gates doesn't know everything yet you and I don't either. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
Robert from SI is offline   Reply With Quote