Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 06:24 PM   #1
sitebroker

Post Developed Automotive Website - 100 unique pages of content, PR4, $2.25 revenue / day

Your Name: Daniel Sitar

Your Email Address: daniel.sitar@shaw.ca

URL of the site for sale: http://www.GTRides.com

Age of site: 17 months

Traffic statistics: Over the last month traffic has been around 300 visits per day, with about 225 uniques daily. Traffic has been rising over the last couple of weeks and I expect the site to average around 350 visits per day in January

Screenshots showing traffic:
http://gtrides.com/stats/traffic2.jpg - monthly overview
http://gtrides.com/stats/traffic1.jpg - December stats
http://gtrides.com/stats/traffic3.jpg - traffic origin

Source of traffic: Type ins, links and search engines - no paid advertising or links have been bought and no links will be taken down upon the sale of the site.

Revenue: I have been testing YPN on the site over the past couple weeks, revenue looks to be steady at $2.25 per day. This works out to $70 per month and around $820 per year.

Screenshot showing YPN revenue: http://www.gtrides.com/stats/rev.JPG

Copyright status of the content on the site:
The photos have been taken from the manufacturers and the text is 100% origional. I have never had problems with the images, as it acts as free advertising for the car makers and I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for using them.

Any other pertinent data:
The homepage is PR4 and each of the 100 content pages is either PR3 or PR4. There are approximately 2000 inbound links to the site as shown by the Marketleap Linkpop calculator. Each of the 100 pages was custom written and designed by myself and can't be found anywhere else on the web.

Pricing: I am looking at a Buy It Now price of $3000 and accepting offers over $1500. The reasoning for this is as follows: this site is 100% custom and took many hours to design, it has solid links and content and will have no problem bringing in at least its current amount of revenue (if not more) for years to come. I won't even consider offers of less than $1500, so please do not bother making them. I am in no rush to sell, but this is a very special site indeed, if I find a buyer who understands this is and is willing to offers 2-3.5 years in revenue for the site, I have no doubt we will be able to reach an agreement.

Payment via either Escrow.com (buyer pays fees) or via Paypal if I personally know and can vouch for the buyer.

Please contact me via PM or email (daniel.sitar@shaw.ca)

Thank you
Old 01-02-2006, 11:57 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for posting this site for sale on Geek/Talk.

If you don't mind me asking, have you had any trouble with Google AdSense in the past? I ask since some buyers may be interested in replacing the YPN links, if the site's in Google's good books.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 01-03-2006, 12:54 AM   #3
sitebroker

Thanks Czar.

I did have Adsense on the site (as well as about 20 other of my sites) in the past. I was making about $2 per day through that program, until I was banned in November.

Although I did not deserve to be banned (never ever clicked on any of my own ads, got others to click for me, etc) I am positive it was one of my other sites with mainly Turkish visitors that got me banned.

However, I sincerely believe that anyone who buys this site can easily change the banners to Adsense and have no problems whatsoever. The site does not break any of the programs rules, although YPN has paid more in terms of CPM than Google ever did.

Current high offer is $1500
Old 01-05-2006, 06:19 PM   #4
billboy

Are you sure that it is ok to run adsense on your site? As I know, the website that is banned will not get paid even by google.

Im interested but the price is too high in that condition. Please PM me if you want to lower the price or provide me with a resource which does gives details that banned site will still get paid by changing ownership
Thanks
Old 01-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
sitebroker

Hi,

No, I am not 100% sure Google wont have a problem with this site. However, I am 100% sure this site was not why my account there got banned.

I would recommend YPN if you can get an account (paying much better on all my sites).

I have already recieved two $1500 offers and will not accept either, there is a ton of unique content in this site and traffic continues to rise, now over 400 visits per day excluding traffic brought in by links on my for sale posts on forums.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:08 AM   #6
sitebroker

Just a quick update.

Traffic has increased pretty significantly and has been at 450-475 visits per day (400 uniques per day) over the past 10 days.

Revenue has increased to ~ $3 per day over this time period.

I have done nothing to advertise the site and I am pretty sure this increase in traffic was caused by higher search engine rankings.

Looking for offers over $2000

Thanks,
Daniel
Closed Thread