Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-1999, 05:29 PM   #1
WildComputer

Default Consumables

Anybody know I good affiliate program for printer consumables (toner, cartridges, paper).

I get tonnes of e-mail asking where to buy this stuff.

I have patched up a solution on my site, by gluing pages together of various affiliate links (spread over about 9 or 10 programs including Beyond.com and several others) to different vendors each of whom has some stuff.

Trouble is there are so many kinds of printers etc. I don't know anybody who sells them all.

An affiliate system which allows individual product linking preferred.

BTW If anybody's thinking of setting up an online store - this would be a good gap in the market - provided you cover all major brands - HP, Epson, Canon, etc. and include paper types (roll feed, sheet feed, A4, A3, A size, B size, etc., gloss finish, matt finish, etc.)
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-1999, 07:07 PM   #2
Questy

I thought about this myself. I've seen ad's for affiliate programs through Office Max and Staples. Problem is, once you get someone hooked on Office Max or Staples, like most affiliates, you probably only get the commission from the first sale.

Would be nice if someone knew of a way to set up as a vendor, with out the first sale deflection to the parent company???
Questy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-1999, 07:16 PM   #3
WebsiteSponsors
Member.

Hi, have you looked into the Cyberian Outpost? They have a good affiliate program for their computer products which include printers and other hardware.

I have bought from them before and they have great customer service so they are reliable. But I don't know much about their affiliate program though.

Hope I helped a little,
Chet
http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif
WebsiteSponsors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-1999, 04:19 AM   #4
WildComputer

>> Would be nice if someone knew of a way to set up as a vendor

This is what I was thinking. A vendor with a REALLY good affiliate program (rather than a site being an affiliate or whatever etc) could do really well.

Setting up as an affilate is hardly worth the effort : items cost so little - that a 5% or 10% commission on a one-time purchase (you loose the customer) means you have to make big sales and constant stream of new traffic to make anything. 5% of $10 or $20 is similiar to what you get as an affiliate for most pay-per-lead programs - and harder to earn!

As a vendor, you wouldn't need to generate that much sales to get wholesale prices on stock, which in iteslef should allow a margin per transaction. Hopefully enough to award affiliates ongoing residual commissions. So if anybody wants to setup as a vendor...!

Thanks for the links - I'll look into the links you gave me when I have a spare moment.
WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote