Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > geek/yak
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2003, 08:20 PM   #1
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.
Default It's COLD!

Went to work this morning...it was 9 degrees F.

Came home from work this evening...it was 12 degrees F.

Told hubby I'm not leaving the house until the temp breaks the freezing mark. He laughed. Dog doesn't even want to go outside. Only birds I've seen all week are crows and Canada Geese.

Co-worker from Poland told me that northern Europe is also freezing their cha-chas off. She said the elementary schools there were closed last week because it was so cold and apparently many children in Poland walk to school.

Anyone else shivering?
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 08:36 PM   #2
joetec

this morning I think the wind chill was -12 F
joetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 08:44 PM   #3
Jan

Administrator

Its a pleasant 30+C here
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 10:35 PM   #4
mtgm

The temperature here is also unbearably cold. In winters I wish it were summer and in summers I wish it were winter. I suppose spring is my favorite season.
mtgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 02:17 AM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Default It's HOT!

You oughta spend your winters downunder, Rhea.

One warning, though: The heat may affect your performance, as the unfortunate English limited overs (cricket) side found out yesterday.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:53 AM   #6
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

----> Hint to obtain warm weather any place in the world. Even if you think it's 20 below outside.

<------
<---- Answer: Watch the Super Bowl in
<-------

Last edited by Steve_S; 01-24-2003 at 04:55 AM.
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 06:17 AM   #7
Scuba

Cool

Nice 23c over here at the front lines.
I just hope it will stay this way for good ScubaDives on the week end
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 07:20 AM   #8
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.

Twenty degrees Fahrenheit BELOW zero here with the wind chill factor last night. Of course no sane person is going out at night these days.

Oz sounds like a fine option, but then there's the money issue. I'm not exactly the jet-setting type. Two homes in different hemispheres is a bit out of my budget. lol!

Weather report says we're supposed to get some relief this weekend. The temp might break the freezing mark. And today our high temp is supposed to edge up into the low twenties. Oh joy!

Trying to visualize warm beaches...but it's not working!!!
Old 01-24-2003, 07:59 AM   #9
Czar

Webmaster

Don't worry Rhea. It gives you a chance to get some wear out of those little flying piggie socks of yours.

In the meantime, I'll work on a virtual reality system for you that immerses your senses within tropical stimuli to trick the rest of your being into believing that you're enjoying a good book while soaking up some rays and a few pina coladas somewhere in the South Pacific during your downtime.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 06:51 PM   #10
Rhea

Zero degrees on the thermometer when we woke this morning. That's Fahrenheit, people!!! However our forecast says that we'll be back to normal temps for this time of year starting tomorrow. It's a good thing, too. After two weeks of brutally cold weather people around here are starting to get goofy.

Old 01-29-2003, 04:37 PM   #11
Jarusa

Just last Saturday we had the second hottest day in recorded history here in melbourne. It got to 44 degrees celsius thats 111 fahrenheit ladies and gentleman.

The old blow up wading pool got a work out that day!!!
Jarusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 04:47 PM   #12
Rhea

Poor, Australia. You guys are having a crazy Summer. I don't think I'd like 111 F much, although I've never experienced it.

Well, as predicted we're back to bitterly cold weather, rather than the brutally cold weather we've had the past two weeks. Funny thing...bitterly cold doesn't feel so, um, COLD any more. In fact, 22 degrees feels downright balmy. Or is that BARMY?

C'MON SPRING!!!
I WANNA SEE SOME CROCUSES!!!
TULIPS WOULD BE NICE, TOO!!!