Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2001, 09:12 AM   #1
trabaho

Default Max profit – Unused Domain Names

I have a few domain names with no content in them yet, figured had to register that domain before someone else does. I’ve been using clickfinders.com for a few months they’ve been great but they’re starting to become unreliable, I can’t seem to get through the login Page for the past few days coz of maintenance, any of guys have any experience with them?

I’ve been thinking of viable alternatives (not living in the US) , I’ve notice a lot of generic looking internet directory that uses oingo.com for their search results, a lot of large domain registration companies have been using them so it must be reliable, I just don’t know who offers this search program.
trabaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 09:22 AM   #2
Edwin

I don't think ANYONE is offering Oingo... as you said in your post, LARGE companies are using them.

Oingo has become Applied Semantics/NamingSolutions. They have a whole lot of products aimed at domain name owners.

Of these products, I believe the one you were referring to is called "DomainPark".

http://www.namingsolutions.com/ns_prod_dp_overview.html

There is no pricing information on the site, and the demo is password-protected (I assume to encourage people to talk to their business development guys)

Hope this helps!
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 10:19 PM   #3
trabaho

Smile Checking it out!

Thanks for the info, il try to contact them!
trabaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 07:51 AM   #4
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Trabaho,

We have a number of affiliates with extensive "parked" domain portfolios.

We have created and fine tuned a page that incorporates most of our programs and you're welcome to use it in conjunction with any current advertisers you have.
Old 11-30-2001, 12:51 AM   #5
sdarken

Pardon my ignorance Robert but which SI program is it that people use for parked domains?

By the way, you don't seem to be posting much these days Robert. Are they keeping you busy over there?
sdarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 04:57 AM   #6
Paul_S

Default try goto

From my experience goto/overture is the only serious alternative for domain owners these days. Effective rates per hit are good and they can set you with a nice links page. Most of the others have either gone our of business, don't count clicks properly, or simply don't pay.
Paul_S is offline   Reply With Quote