Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2001, 04:47 AM   #1
Chris_Howard
Member.

Post New CPA Network: Seeking Beta Testers and Advertisers

New CPA Network: Seeking Beta Testers and Advertisers

After nearly a year in the making, we are proud to announce the launch of our new CPA Affiliate Network http://www.affiliatestorm.com

TERMS OF BETA TEST: We are seeking both affiliates and advertisers to test the system for bugs starting September 28th through October 5th. ALL test offers (campaigns) will be deleted after the end of the trial. We will begin to add REAL PAYING offers after the test is completed.

ADVERTISERS:

Anyone interested in running an ad campaign for their website or company may do so for FREE during the 7 day beta test. You may make a request here: http://www.affiliatestorm.com/info/a...rs/request.asp

AFFILIATES:

If you would like to be the first to use the affiliatestorm network, we invite you to sign-up at: http://www.affiliatestorm.com/info/a.../signup_tc.htm

Here are a few benefits of becoming an AffiliateStorm affiliate:

* Two-tier referral program which pays you 10% of referred affiliates' commissions.

* Affiliate checks sent net 30 days.

* MANY detailed stats reports for your convenience.

* No exclusive contracts.

If you have ANY questions or comments, feel free to email me chris@affiliatestorm.com or post here.

Thanks!
Chris_Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 05:02 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Well look who's back...

Great to see you again, Chris, and best of luck with the network launch.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 05:29 AM   #3
Furton

I'm always on the look out for another CPA program, but displaying un-paid ads is probably asking too much, well from me anyway
Furton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 07:40 AM   #4
Robert from SI
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Good luck with your new program Chris.
Old 09-28-2001, 06:33 PM   #5
Chris_Howard
Member.

Thanks guys!

As of now over 100 people have read this topic, but none have signed up for the beta testing. I was hoping I could get some of you to check out the advertiser and affiliate control panel and let me know if everything looks good and is functioning properly.

Furton: We don't expect you to run the test offers as you would a regular (paying) offer. We just need a few people to click on some ads and look over the stats reports.

Once again, If any of you would be so kind to test it out, you can sign-up here: http://www.affiliatestorm.com/affiliates/affsignup.asp

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2001, 07:35 PM   #6
Chris_Howard
Member.

Here are some more features I would like to mention:

* Get instant access to your affiliate account once you sign-up. You don't have to wait for us to approve your account!

* We offer a "Free Stuff" site, http://www.megafreebies.com which will have all of the free offers listed.

* "Top Pages Generating Clicks" stats page in the affiliate control panel which shows you exatcly which pages generate the most clicks for offers on your site.

* New "tower ads" available.

* We offer both "personal" and "global" conversion rate stats pages.
Old 09-28-2001, 07:41 PM   #7
suresk

Chris -
As someone who has benefited from others spending their time to beta-test my products, I'd be more than happy to look your network over and try a few things out. I'll signup later tonight and start trying stuff if time permits.

Good luck with it!
suresk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 09:07 PM   #8
Czar

Webmaster

Okay, signed up.

So far, everything looks great. Following are a few points that struck m in my initial glance at the service:

Terms: Personally, I'd like to see mention made of those nations that are allowed to participate (even if entities of all countries are invited, which seems to be the case). It would also be nice to read your terms concerning the use of multiple domains under one account. (ie, can it be done, does the publisher need to seek prior approval in order to do so, etc...). Are there any age restrictions?

Signup Page: Non-US publishers should be prompted to enter "NA" or "N/A" within the SSN field so that it may be processed.

The publisher interface is absolutely fantastic, and the "Email Notification", "Pages Generating Clicks" and "xxx Conversion Stats" and "Expired Offers" features are sure to be well received. There does, however, seem to be a problem with the equation used to calculate the Global Conversion Stats.

That is, the Global Conversion for the Megafreebies Newsletter offer is presently as follows:

Offer: MegaFreebies Newsletter
CPA Rate: $1
Avg. Conversion: 50.00%
Net EPC: $0.75

Unless I'm mistaken, a 50% conversion rate on a $1/lead offer should produce a Net EPC of $0.50.

In short, this interface offers every feature that a hard-core publisher would need - as well as a few 'wants' thrown in for good measure.

All you need now is a few more advertisers. Though I'm sure that merchants will be as attracted to this system, and the relatively low $1000 starting budget as I am, have you considered commissioning a small sales team to get the ball rolling? Either that, or consider offering publishers a bounty for each merchant that they refer, so that you may leverage your affiliate ranks into driving exponential growth that may be factored into your own budget.

Hope this helps

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 09-28-2001, 09:12 PM   #9
Czar

Webmaster

Oops. One more thing...

Have you considered adding a support forum for affiliates?

This can not only reduce your own support expenses by encouraging existing affiliates to provide responses to the common queries of newer affiliates, but provides a perceived sense of community, trust and unity/humanity with the affiliate manager.

This could either be publicly-accessible so as to additionally function as a promotional tool for the network, or may be accessed only through the publisher interface is protecting privacy is your higher priority.

Old 09-28-2001, 09:12 PM   #10
suresk

Ok, I tested it for just a minute - preliminary thoughts:

As Czar noted, the conversion page is a bit off. The CPA rate is different than what is shown elsewhere for one, and it isn't calculating the EPC rate properly.

Second, when I looked at my Leads Stats page, it showed 2 leads to one of the offers, and nothing else. What it should have shown was one lead for each program.

Third, On the summary page, it shows that I got 2 leads, but the money has not been updated. I assume that since the stats for the second one are only updated 'daily' that is why. If so, you should hold the lead count until the money count is updated too, otherwise you could really confuse some people

Other than that, it looks great so far!
suresk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 09:15 PM   #11
Guava

Looks very nice. I'm waiting to see the advertiser control panel. From what Czar is saying about the affiliate control panel, I think I might have finally found the place to setup a good 3rd party affiliate program.
Guava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 11:35 PM   #12
zMan

Hi Chris. Good luck with your new CPA Network. All the best!
zMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 04:40 AM   #13
Chris_Howard
Member.

Thanks for your input guys! My programmer is working on it now and should have it completed soon.

Czar, yes we plan on adding a forum in the future and I'm organizing a small ad sales team.

Thanks Again!
Old 10-01-2001, 02:39 AM   #14
Chris_Howard
Member.

If you sent an advertiser request to run a test offer, please re-submit your info because we may have had some problems with the form processing.

If you want to run a FREE test offer for your website/service, please go to http://www.affiliatestorm.com/info/a...rs/request.asp

We need some more people test out the advertiser control panel.

Thanks.