Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2000, 05:14 PM   #1
gphil111
Member.

Unhappy noconversions.com ($40 CPM on exit?)

Anyone have any information on these guys?

They say .04 per click, allow blind links, but more importantly they allow using the link as an exit pop-up at (i assume) the same rate of .04, which equals an amazing $40 CPM.

Also pay 10% of refered accounts.

The link (or pop-up) heads to http://www.findaroo.com/ (very clean design) which is an affiliate of searchrevenue.com They pay .06/search so just for NoConversions/Findaroo to break even they'd need 2 searches for every 3 pages views (assuming they get the same rate as other SearchRevenue affiliates)

Needless to say, I'm hesitant as it seems they may be over-paying which could only lead to 'not-so-good' things.

[This message has been edited by gphil111 (edited 12-29-2000).]

[This message has been edited by gphil111 (edited 12-29-2000).]
gphil111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 07:08 PM   #2
robot

Unhappy

Here is an "announcement" posted 12/27 on alt.www.webmaster.xxx. The post also describes another program.

<QUOTE>4 CENTS BLINDLINKS - EXIT - 404 - META REFRESH NO SHAVE! NO TRAFFIC STEALING! NO CONVERSION RATIOS!

Noconversions.com pays 4 cents per click through!

Send traffic any way you can, Blindlinks, 404 Errors, Enterance/Exit pops, Meta-Refreshes, ANYWAY U CAN!

No one can be dropped from oconversions.com! We pay everyone! After all, just read our domain name.

Noconversions.com is opened to ALL webmasters, and all kinds of traffic. Adult, Non-Adult, and Gambling!

Send us surfers, and we will send you cash every month! It's that simple. You will earn more with Noconversions.com!

NEW! Earn 10% on refered webmasters!!!

Signup now at http://www.noconversions.com/ and get paid!

################################################## ###########

New Program! --> MAXIMUMGREEN.COM High Click Through Rates!
5 CENTS TEXT LINKS! OVER 400 TEXT LINKS! COVERING 21 NICHES!

Lets face it, banners **** !
Textlinks get 10x more clicks than banners!

Our text links produce some of the highest click thru rates around! Stop wasting bandwidth running the same old banners everyone else does!

Get paid 5 cents per unique click through. No one can be dropped from our program for poor conversion ratios, or unproductive traffic.

We accept TGP, Toplist, and Circle Jerk traffic too!

NEW! Earn 10% on refered webmasters!!!

Signup now at http://www.maximumgreen.com/

</QUOTE>

The nameserver for noconversion.com
is realadultsites.com.

It is not totally clear to me that their "clickthroughs" do not refer to clicks on their site after you get the visitor there. From their TOS -
<QUOTE>
Noconversions.com will pay you 4 cents per qualified unique from links posted on our website(s). You are allowed to send hits using approved linking methods only. If you have any questions about this, please contact us.
</QUOTE>

[This message has been edited by robot (edited 12-29-2000).]

[This message has been edited by robot (edited 12-29-2000).]
robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2000, 07:30 PM   #3
YeahBuddy

Unhappy

Seems shady to me. I've contacted them with several questions that this thread has so far raised - I'll post again when I get a reply.
YeahBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2000, 05:13 AM   #4
Ian

Unhappy

to anyone who has signed up for an account with this company -

do your stats work?? It says updated every ten minutes but after an hour mine still show nothing when there should definitely not be nothing.

I'm taking their code down, i was only going to get the min. $50 and see if they pay.

Ian
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2000, 04:04 PM   #5
Strider

Unhappy

They also seem to be operating under http://www.trashtraffic.com, the whois information isn't the same but everything else appears to be.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 07:46 AM   #6
YeahBuddy

Unhappy

Received this earlier this morning.

Quote:
All surfers must click a link before it is counted...

This is not an impression program....

Yes, there are alot of bad apples in the adult industry, but we deal
with a
select few
who have been in business for years and pay. Also our main sponsor is
Goto.com.
So do you really think we are running a **** ? Goto.com doesn't work
with
known
crooks...

Noconversions.com is mainly an adult program with gambling and main
stream
thrown in...
We are not big on main stream traffic yet, but in the near future will
have
a whole set of
programs designed just for the main stream.

At least signup if you havn't already, so we can email you when we open
our
other programs...

Thankyou,
-Rick
YeahBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 07:52 AM   #7
Ian

Unhappy

heh found the catch, you don't get the 4c each time the exit console loads. You get 4c for a click on a link in the exit console.

Ian
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 03:45 PM   #8
gphil111
Member.

Unhappy

YeahBuddy.... what did you do, accuse this guy of stealing? Everything made good sense about how the program works, but 2 lines seemed awefully defensive to me....
Quote:
So do you really think we are running a **** ? Goto.com doesn't work with known crooks...
That statement is false... Im a convicted felon & I have a goto account... j/k... lol. Maybe they haven't gotten their name out enough to qualify as a "known" crook...

Anyways, all kidding aside, I'm considering slapping the code of a few of my pages to see what kind of ctr they have... the Findaroo page seems simple & clean enough that Id *assume* decent results are possible.

Im still weary about the defensiveness in his reply, and the fact that when you dig, you run across at least 5 sites that appear to be the same people, and pretty much the same program, none of which I can find a company name....

My own personal take the them is they are either very new to running their own programs, or are hiding something.....
gphil111 is offline   Reply With Quote