Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-1999, 04:28 PM   #1
fairhousing
Member.

Thumbs down WARNING TO ALL DATA COM AFFILIATES

first, i've got many moron enemies on the net that don't like me for some reason or another. many of my enemies come from boards like this because i call it like it see it, many ad networks r those moron enemies.

here's what happened recently. all the sudden one day i get an email from one of my sponsors that they cancelled my account for suspicious activity.

then the next day i get an anonymous email from one of my moron enemies that they are reporting me for cheating to all my sponsors and list the names of my sponsors. they also took credit for getting the above account cancelled.

a few days after that data com makes it to were i can't log into my account. then the next day all my data com banners show "this account has been deactivated" banner and cancel my account. clearly not a pretty banner to have on ones site. also in the meantime i losing money from the impressions and possible clicks i should be getting from their real banners. then today i get an email from data com saying, "oops we messed up, sorry". my account is back up and all that jazz.

they've got to be joking, u don't do this to someone just because any moron can maleciously report someone for cheating. get the evidence first then cancel them. these ad networks clearly don't think the law applies to them.

http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------

fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-1999, 04:34 PM   #2
uonline

Cool

Another group of similarity are america's teachers..

They always want raises, but when they make the mistake they never get fired. The only way for a teacher could get fired these days are if one was accused of rape. Some teachers do deserve their money and if not a 6 figure salary, some don't even deserve the 40K they get...

This has no relevancy except to your the laws apply stuff LOL http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif
uonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-1999, 03:34 PM   #3
Bryan

Cool

This thread will be locked soon by the moderator because it is interesting.

------------------
-Bryan

Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-1999, 06:22 PM   #4
CMike

Smile

Can someone give me the URL for Data Com?
CMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-1999, 07:19 PM   #5
fairhousing
Member.

Thumbs down

got an email from them today basically stating the that, "we don't know what the problem was but ur account is up again".

clearly, there in the game of confusion going on here.

yes, i believe all my old stats are still there. however, i was ******* out of impressions, click thrus, referrals, and not to mention having "this account has been deactivated" banners appearing on my site.

UNREAL http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------

fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-1999, 12:57 AM   #6
funpage

Cool

Did you get back the money/referals that you lost when they cancelled your account?
Tim

------------------
notboring.com - The most boring place on earth. Not!!!

funpage is offline   Reply With Quote