Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
Pilatus

Default Adsense and other advertisers subcontracting it

Adsense has a rule of only 3 adsense units on one page.

I noticed that certain adcompanies are using adsense as defaults.

Is your site isn't in vioaltion with adsense rules when you would put 3 adsense boxes and one other ad from another company company.

But what if that company also shows an adsense box?
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:01 PM   #2
masm50

Many networks only let you have 3 in-page ads on a page.

I don't see why you would want any more than that - it just seems excessive.

But, to answer your question - if you had 3 AdSense ads and one network banner, and that network is also showing an AdSense banner then I would imagine you are in breach of theor TOS.

Regards

Tim
masm50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:07 PM   #3
Pilatus

Well I make large pages most of the time.

So the bottem banner isn't on screen with any others.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #4
thegauntlet

Most companies also have rules about below the fold banners too. I don't like the practive of having adsense banners running through another company as they generally take 50%. I already have an adsense account so this isn't needed. I have noticed a lot of companies set the ads up incorrectly also and the Adsense ads target themselves to the adserver, and not my site so I get a lot of Adsense ads for outdoor advertising companies. In Feb of this year, I ran 230,000+ adsense ads through a adcompany without my knowledge and made $1.37.
thegauntlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Often, the network that is running these AdSense banners will allow you to block them from rotation if you let them know that you cannot carry contextual, text-based ads for this reason.

Even if the ads aren't actually supplied by Google, but are rather copy-cat creatives from BidClix, Kanoodle or another supplier, it still contravenes AdSense' TOS to have these running on the same page as Google ads, so you should make every effort to exclude these from your rotation.

HTH.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote