Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2003, 01:15 AM   #1
AhmedF

Default Adsense confused?

Unless I made a massive blunder on my part, google messed up here.

I have four different accounts with adsense. Three for three different sites, and one general one. Last time I remember, it was allowed.

For some reason, I only got two cheques - one to my name [wrong!] and one to the company name. Both were the 'lower' value cheques [and in order of dates created, they were #2 and #3].

Used the contact form when logged in, but no response. Filled it in Monday, and usually they respond ASAP.

Anyone else have multiple accounts with/without problems?
AhmedF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 09:19 AM   #2
masm50

Default My understanding

My understanding was that you could only have one account per person and all your websites would come under that same account.

Could be wrong though

Tim
masm50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 09:45 AM   #3
HarriL

Multiple accounts held by the same individual or entity are not allowed nor have ever been.
HarriL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 07:03 PM   #4
ezGoo!

I sent one of my pages to them for confirmation on Friday and never heard from them
ezGoo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:13 PM   #5
SinisterX

check google's TOS. It says they don't suggest making multiple accounts but you can if you want to.
SinisterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:40 PM   #6
AhmedF

Yeah their TOS does not say you CANT.
Old 12-25-2003, 11:27 AM   #7
Czar

Webmaster

As far as I remember, it used to say that you cannot open multiple accounts without prior permission, or unless each account is owned by a different entity (ie client companies, etc).

The most concise depiction of the term is presently located within the program's FAQ document:
Quote:
6. Can I sign up for more than one account?
This is strongly discouraged. Because website publishers can place the AdSense HTML ad code on any page they own or legally manage, there is no need for publishers to create multiple accounts. Therefore, we generally limit Google AdSense accounts to one per publisher. However, publishers may create multiple accounts if they manage sites that require separate payments.
Based of previous experience, I would imagine that Google would have contacted you in the event that they felt it necessary to terminate any of your accounts, or to enquire as to their application. I'd say wait until Monday or Tuesday to see whether or not the payments have been delayed. If you still see nothing, give them a call to clarify.

Are you still able to login to each of the non-paid accounts?

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 02:01 PM   #8
AhmedF

Logins all work, and money is still being earned.

Ill chalk it up to the Christmas time - whats their # Czar?

Oh and Merry XMas everyone . No rest for us lot!
Old 12-25-2003, 09:28 PM   #9
Czar

Webmaster

I'm not sure. I've never had to call the AdSense staff myself, and Google seem to do their darndest to keep all correspondence electronic.

Nevertheless, the page below features the phone numbers of each of G's sales offices. If you need to reach AdSense, one of these offices should be able to transfer your call, I'd imagine:
http://www.google.com.au/ads/offices.html

Hope that helps.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 10:34 PM   #10
AhmedF

Thanks joshua
Old 12-29-2003, 07:27 PM   #11
AhmedF

Just an update - I got all my cheques this time, so it just seems to be the previous month that went missing.

weird.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:06 PM   #12
Nintendo
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Now tell them that you got the November checks, but not all of the October checks.