Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2000, 11:36 PM   #1
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy bla-bla moves from doubleclick dart to L90 admonitor !

Thought that others maybe interested in this:

Being a Bla-bla partner site(s) like a few others here, i got this in the email today

Quote:
Bla-bla is pleased to announce a
new strategic partnership with L90 to serve all of our ads as well as provide us with various forms of advertisements. L90 is one of the hottest and fastest growing internet
advertising companies out there and our relationship with them will not only speed up ad delivery but also expand the scope of advertising opportunities that we can take
advantage of. The bottom banner placement will now have some paid advertisements running through it and we are very
excited about the numerous sponsorship and direct marketing capabilities L90 brings to the table.

In other news, we are expanding the opportunities of working with Bla-bla. You may have participated in a survey that we
recently sent out. Many of the Bla sites have expressed interest in having Bla-bla help syndicate and merchandise their site. Lots of you have told us that you want to be on TV and do speaking engagements. We've met with some merchandising people who think that many of the Bla sites have great potential to have their t-shirts, hats, pens,
books, trading cards, life size model punching bags, clown suits, and comic books distributed around the country, the
world, what have you. We think it's a great idea and a wise use of the collective reach of the Bla-bla network.

We've also investigated the creation of Bla offline media. Radio Bla-bla, Bla-bla cable TV. We're gonna do it. We think there's great potential to spread the Bla and feature our partner sites here. If you would like to be involved in Bla-bla's licensing and or merchandising efforts, let us know.
cool changes... the email also said to change bla-bla ad codes to the new codes on l90's admonitot system by noon EST by Monday June 12, 2000 ... does anyone know more about L90 ?

------------------
Evangelion in the 21st century
Eva2000.com
Australian Star Wars Prequels
ThePrequels.net
Anime2001 Network
Anime2001.com
Coming soon...
TheDesktopThemes.com Wallpapers
singloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2000, 01:17 AM   #2
aurora

Question

I'm curious about L90 too. They have a very attractive site. Today is the first day I have heard about them. Anyone use them? If so, what's the good and bad points about them?

[This message has been edited by aurora (edited 06-09-2000).]
aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2000, 02:17 AM   #3
strongcat

Question

I've signed up for bla-bla but didnt' get any email from them. Even I didn't get confirmation message. So, I am not sure whether this company is up and runnig. Is there anyone who recieved a cheque from bla-bla?

------------------
strongcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2000, 03:12 AM   #4
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

They said they sent a cheque out to me for March/April at the end of May so i should be receiving it within 2 weeks - my postal service is 1 - 3 weeks late from the head office http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

Jeremy on this board told us that he has received several cheques from them...

remember you only receive cheques when you serve over 100,000 paid banner impressions (not total banner impressions) each month...

i have confirmation from my rep that if you get under 100,000 paid banner impressions, the amount of paid banner impressions rolls over to the next month - they cut you a cheque when you reach 100,000 paid banner impressions.

Also they send cheques like around 15th of the month after - so May's cheque is sent around 15th of June etc...

if you haven't received one contact your rep.

With other advertising companies i have had cheques directed to the wrong country as well - one went from the US to Bangkok to Australia !!!

------------------
Eva2000.com
ThePrequels.net
Anime2001 Network
Anime2001.com
Coming soon...
Old 06-09-2000, 03:46 PM   #5
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

hmmm.. i got all 3 of my site's new code for L90 Admonitor and they all use IFRAMES ...

iframes have been known to crash browsers ? is there any other issues ?

------------------
Eva2000.com
ThePrequels.net
Anime2001 Network
Anime2001.com
Coming soon...
Old 06-09-2000, 05:16 PM   #6
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

cool, as bla-bla said the new code has some paid banners mixed in on the bottom banner...

iframes...?

------------------
Eva2000.com
ThePrequels.net
Anime2001 Network
Anime2001.com
Coming soon...
Old 06-09-2000, 06:19 PM   #7
TravisKP

Unhappy

Cool . I am a partner of bla-bla and I have recieved all of my checks from them on time. Thats cool they are merging. I didn't get any email about it though. Strange. I guess those surveys they sent out worked http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
========================
Travis
http://www.eboarding.net
TravisKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2000, 07:02 PM   #8
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

strange i didn't receive any surveys, but received the emails on their move...

They said these emails are sent out on 8th/9th June so you should get one soon...

problem now is ever since i got the top and bottom new iframed codes on my site - anything near the code doesn't load up properly ?

the new iframe code has NOSCRIPT tags in it... is this the problem ?

------------------
Eva2000.com
ThePrequels.net
Anime2001 Network
Anime2001.com
Coming soon...