Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #1
Sootah

Arrow NewEgg Affiliate Program - Anyone have experience with them?

I actually asked this question some time ago here (It has been a loooong time since I've been to GeekVillage.. Are any of the old-timers still here?)

Anyway, I am curious if any of you have experience with the NewEgg affiliate program offered through CJ. Does it pay well, are sales easy enough to get, etc? I still have my computer repair site that I started in October of 2004, and while I have definitely not grown it to anywhere NEAR where it could (really SHOULD) be after this amount of time it's doing OK. I'm getting around 55,000 unique visitors per month.

AdSense is getting me around $200/mo with that kind of traffic. I spoke to a friend of mine that has a health and fitness site that has appx 10k more uniques per month than my site does, and he's raking in anywhere from $1k-$2k per month from affiliate programs. It definitely sounds like it's time for me to take a good hard look at my advertising!

So, realistically, what kind of income is reasonable to expect from an informational site that helps people with computer problems, reviews products, answers questions, and all that via affiliates? Should I go with NewEgg? I'd like to, because I am an absolutely loyal NE customer - but at the same time I would like to be maximizing my income from the site as much as possible (obviously).

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

-Sootah
Sootah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Sootah

Or, if any of you have a tech related site that uses a different distributor affiliate program, let me know what it is; and how it's working out for you.

Thanks again!

-Sootah
Old 02-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
Sootah

Bizzity-Bump