Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2003, 12:05 PM   #1
darnell

Exclamation Ad-Aware professional Blocks Pops

Now even Ad-Aware Professional does it.

Near the bottom of the page it mentions that this new version of Ad-Aware:
Quote:
Includes a powerful popup-stopper!
So now, when someone complains to you about ads poping up on their PC, if you tell them to try using Ad-Aware because it's not all coming from your site, you might also be leading them Block Pops for good.
darnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 04:23 PM   #2
dwergs

I know. Couldn't believe my eyes when I read that. And to think I've voluntarily promoted Ad-Aware through my site a couple of times.
dwergs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 04:52 PM   #3
darnell

Don't feel bad about telling folks about Ad-Aware. We all have probably done it via some means or another. Who knew they would turn on us ?

It did always seem they would be the product to help people with scumware, while at the same time respecting web site owner's desire to earn income from users. Now it seems they have crossed that line of mutual respect.

Not only have I done free ads for them, I paid them money for their product, which helped them do this !

Oh well, they will get no more free advertising from me. Although I've prepared for life without pops I thought Lavasoft would always be a company I as a web publisher could trust. Silly me.

Given this move by them, they might as well add a feature to their product to block all ads. To me they have crossed the line, so they might as well go all the way with it.....traitors
darnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 09:23 PM   #4
jkcity

"they might as well add a feature to their product to block all ads."

I don'tt hink that is very far off, from what I heard they want to try and make ad-aware a #1 security product and my feeling that would include ad blocker, its dishartining, my GF's new computer just came with a banner blocker with norton anti virus I mean if a virus program has that option most people will think seeing banners is a real securirt concern, just cause its in a virus program.
jkcity is offline   Reply With Quote