Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2005, 03:53 AM   #1
Rhee

Default compact banner anyone?

I just got accepted by compact banner and I could not remember that I applied for this, or maybe perhaps I did and I just forgot.

I was doing a search of compact banner and the oldest post I could get is almost a year old.

So im wondering if there any compact banner users out there that could give me a feedback of the current status of this company.

How are they? what are the rates and do they pay on time and etc...

Thank you very much.
Rhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:25 AM   #2
praveen

i used to use them long long ago..

i was not bad but when i with them, they had some probs and for some stats / site went down due to some probs.. dont exactly remember why as it was over 2+ yrs ago..

dont know how it is now as i havent used it at all.

sorry couldnt give u more info
praveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:35 AM   #3
Jay | Canep Media

Default Re: compact banner anyone?

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhee
I just got accepted by compact banner and I could not remember that I applied for this, or maybe perhaps I did and I just forgot.

I was doing a search of compact banner and the oldest post I could get is almost a year old.

So im wondering if there any compact banner users out there that could give me a feedback of the current status of this company.

How are they? what are the rates and do they pay on time and etc...

Thank you very much.
Same here.. quite literally lol
I`ve been running them on one of my sites , whereas the other is running with claxon..

Claxon stats:
380,000 impressions, $36.80.

I forgot my compact banner pass, but I`ll edit the post when I remember it or check..
anyways, they count less impressions, do server defaults, and thier pay was about 10-15 cents for 468 x 80 banners on CPM scale.

Only problem is I kept getting "Could not find host" and timeouts, so my page wouldn`t load...
Jay | Canep Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #4
ccole
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Same with me. They paid for a while, but to be honest I just took them off not too long ago because I realized I hadn't got any payment for a while. It was common for them to be a month or so behind payments, but it has been quite a while now. That and the under-counting issue...I dropped them. They did work quite well for me for a while though.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:43 PM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

The network seems to have suddenly decided to accept almost every publisher who had ever applied. While I was already a member, Compact Banner sent a similar warm invitation to myself on the same day, claiming that their rates are now in the $1.40-$4.00CPM range for banner and pop combinations and that banner code could now be broken apart from pop code to please those who weren't happy about the network's habit of bundling pops with banner campaigns.

They used to be a bit of a dud network, who mainly attracted attention from those who weren't able to gain representation from others, or as the final player within a default chain. Hopefully this latest bout of enthusiasm is indicative of things picking up for the company.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
Rhee

Lets just hope then that compact banner will try to pick-up its thread and get in line with other quality ad network. But for now, I think ill wait for some more comments and perhaps testimonials before ill give them a try. For now im happy with my current ad network.
Rhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:10 AM   #7
winny

I've ever tried contact them via mail, but no response.
They still owe me > 100 USD
winny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:39 PM   #8
techguy

Yeah they have been around for awhile most of that time they weren't doing much of anything. They list as started in 2000 and that is probably when I tried them. It was on a game site I ran.
techguy is offline   Reply With Quote