Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Amish Patel

Default Malware On My Website - Where Is It Coming From?!

So I get a message today from users that they are getting warning pages from google, and then I see one for myself.

Details below:

What is the current listing status for www.wrestling-edge.com?
This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 29 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-01-03, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-01-02.
Malicious software is hosted on 6 domain(s), including securitytoolplayer.com/, antysoftwarescan.com/, antyinvestigatorvarescapean.com/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including skibec.ca/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS32181 (ECOMD), AS21844 (THEPLANET).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.wrestling-edge.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Does anyone have any idea where this malware problem would be coming from? I use TribalFusion, ValueClickMedia, Adsdaq, RightMedia, ADBrite and Google Ad Sense.
Amish Patel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
cyburrr
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

I dunno - but I wouldn't think VCM Tribal or Goolge would let anything sneak in?

Reminds me of an incident last week re my site. I upload a column mon-friday since 04. I was going to add an archive section allowing visitors to go back that far. It's hundreds and hundreds of pages... But in checking the first page I did (august 04) I got swarmed with pop ups (blocker was off as I was testing my own site - stupid me). Unfortunately my site won't include an archive section - but it made be grateful that I no longer use that pop up company. Good luck.
cyburrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
GSE-Media

My two top suspects would be Adsdaq & Adbrite.

Adbrite - I have experienced this in the past, and was able to solve the problem by not selecting any 3rd party feed ads from the ad manager. Since this was a large portion of their ads, my fill rate and cpm rate dropped so I dropped adbrite.

Adsdaq - I have heard from other webmasters on another forum that have identified suspect ads being served by them. I was cut from their network a while ago so don't have any experience now, just what I've heard.
GSE-Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
Amish Patel

Hi guys,

I found out it was actually one of the networks in Right Media.
Amish Patel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
Umbrella

why people stick with that program once they clearly spreading some unwanted problem and non professional manner, back to adsense, I am sure you won`t find any cheat or problem like this
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
AdNetworkInsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Patel View Post
Hi guys,

I found out it was actually one of the networks in Right Media.
I'm shocked...SHOCKED, I say!

(that's sarcasm in case anybody doesn't understand)
AdNetworkInsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
Gennie32

my prime suspect is abrite
Gennie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:16 AM   #8
djzzero

Default Malware On My Website Where Is It Coming From

So, where are you coming from?

Im coming from beautiful Elk Grove which is south of Sacramento.

Nick
djzzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:02 AM   #9
Sikhar

It could be possible that mallwares are not coming from your mentioned websites possible things could be its coming from your network when you upload your site. So check the server status. I have already faced these type of problem on my site http://www.sava.in
Sikhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #10
v-mode

Malware is a ***** to have on your website. Needs fix fast
v-mode is offline   Reply With Quote