Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-1999, 04:01 PM   #16
WildComputer

Thanks I now fully understand.

WildComputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-1999, 12:29 AM   #17
kris
Member.

my account at websponsors is still not updated? are any of you guys' accounts updated? I, too, dont believe that sweepstakes are considered gambling.
Nanotech, I thought websponsors pay monthly.. $5000? thats a lot of money. how many visitors do you get daily, if you dont mind me asking.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-1999, 12:42 AM   #18
WildComputer

Just checked now (while uploading an update to my site) - and it's updated a little bit.

I now show click thru's upto and including 7 March (I think it didn't show after 3rd or 4th yesterday).

No updates on leads etc. (I show signups on 100K Sweep only - going upto date of 28 Feb 99 - which I'm not even promoting except thru Free2try)

I am trying to remain patient - but I really want to know whether to devote my prime space to Web Sponsors or another program (or split it). It's only recently I've had enough traffic to make some worthwhile money - so I'm real eager at the moment and finding it hard to contain myself :-)

Phew and $5000 is fantastic - how do you do it ??? What kind of traffic do you need for that ???

[This message has been edited by WildComputer (edited 03-08-99).]
Old 03-19-1999, 01:22 PM   #19
kris
Member.

yup. mine too. I had about 100 and they disappeared... and the amount was deducted as you said. On an unrelated question, does your account show signups for the 100k sweepstakes. it shows about 140 clicks on the offer but yet no signups. I find that hard to believe. Thanks.
Old 03-19-1999, 02:50 PM   #20
WildComputer

I just checked the stats page

As of now I show for March 'Total Leads and referrals'

Yankee publishing upto 9 March
100K sweep stakes upto 4 March
Cybergold upto 18 March
--nothing else--

On "Detailed Click throughs by date" the report ends on 16 March {I seem to recall it went further yesterday, but I'm not sure).

On Detailed click thrus by Offer there are varying end-dates for each item, earliest end date is 2 March, latest is 16 march.

Incidentally I show hundreds of uniques for iMac and Sony laptop sweekstakes from Feb 22 to March 16, and not a single sign up yet on these offers. Turbo Tax is similar for me. And I have quite a few unique clicks on a couple of dozen other programs. Presumably the results haven't come in yet.

My surprise is 100K sweep. I didn't promote this at all (except thru free2try) until recently and yet have a few sign ups.

Regarding iMac/Sony laptop - Is it just a case of waiting till these updates - or is it possible they magically transform into 100K sign-ups ? I only joined WebSponsors in late Feb, so I want to know if each sweep is _separately_ listed in sign ups total.

By the way the WS news pages says they had a backup issue on March 11. Perhaps something similar has happened again ?

[This message has been edited by WildComputer (edited 03-19-99).]

Old 03-19-1999, 03:03 PM   #21
NanoTech

Hi,

I emailed WebSponsors regarding why my stats were "erased". heres what they replyed:

Hi there,We are in the process of updating the stats today. For some offers, we
need to empty the database from the old data to input the new stats.
Please check the stats later tonight or tomorrow.
Thank you for your patinece and support.

~I would recommend that you, like said above, check your stats later tonight. I know last week they were updated at 1:34AM Saturday morning. Thats probably why also only clicks through 3/16 are showing (mine are also). I'll write more about his later tonight or tommorow when I get more time. Now its off to a meeting...

Dave
NanoTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-1999, 05:33 PM   #22
WildComputer

Hi I thought I share this with you as I thought it might be some use - just checked back

I now showing leads for

146 Yankee Publishing 1999/03/17
172 FREE HERMAN POSTER 1999/03/17
178 PC Crisis Line 1999/03/17
63 100 K Sweepstakes 1999/03/11
65 Catalogs Resources Center 1999/03/16
67 CyberGold 1999/03/18
81 CoolSavings Coupons 1999/03/18
89 Internet World 1999/03/16

Click thru stats only go up to 16/3/99.

I don't show any leads yet on my 3 most popular ads (after Free2Try)

120 Sony Laptop Sweepstakes 1999/03/16
129 Turbo Tax 1999/03/16
160 iMac Sweepstakes 1999/03/16

I am learning to be patient. Although I still wonder if sweep stakes are merged or will (eventually) show separately.

Old 03-19-1999, 05:41 PM   #23
NanoTech

Hi,

I went to my stats page about 5 minutes ao and most have been updated for this week. I just tryed to log in again, and it says my account has been cancelled. I loged in as my friend, and his says the same. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I am assuming its just another server error as before. Thanks.

Dave
Old 03-19-1999, 07:16 PM   #24
WildComputer

Just tried. Login works for me.
Old 03-20-1999, 12:44 AM   #25
NanoTech

Hi,

Last week my stats for the Cybergold program showed that I had 180 signups and therefore made $45.00 (offer 67). Today I checked them and they have all disappeard, and $45 has been deducted from my account. I checked my friends account and his is like that as well. I am thinking its just an error in there server, as they just made a new Cybergold program, and therefore effecting everyone. If you do advertise Cybergold with Websponsors, could you check to see if your stats for March still include any from Cybergold (offer 67).
Thanks,

Dave
Old 03-20-1999, 04:53 AM   #26
kris
Member.

works for me also-March 20, 1999 7:52 AM E.T.
Nanotech, are you still having problems logging in?

Old 03-20-1999, 07:19 AM   #27
NanoTech

Hi,

I appreciate your checking for me. Its 10:16 EST and Im still having problems loging into both my friends and mine accounts. Hopefully they will repons to the email I sent them today and fix this error. I'll keep you posted, as well as post and replies I receive fom them.

Dave
Old 03-20-1999, 08:53 AM   #28
WildComputer

I logged into today and works (still). No further update since my last post.

I have a new and interesting problem though:

Cybergold has expired (gone red). I read the news page and it says old links should still work, but on stats page it says they expired. However there's a new offerid for cybergold in 'Latest Ads' - so I manually fixed my site up.

The cybergold issue got me thinking so I checked the expired ads pages. Some ads I didn't expect to have expired have already expired.

Now if this keeps happening every week, this presents a bit of a problem for me because of the way I build my site :-

1. I keep 90% my site data in a big spreadsheet. I save this into a .csv. Then I have a C program (I wrote myself) that builds a site image on my hard-disk. Then I upload it. A rebuild takes a couple of minutes, but uploading it takes 3-4 hours [when I had a smaller site it was so much quicker].

2. So anyway I fixed up the spreadsheet to remove the other expired ads (the way I know the ads seem to have expired early is I have a column in the spreadsheet that says when I expected the ad to expire) - and to change the cybergold to the new offer-id.

So the questions are

i. Do ads often expire early with websponsors ? (if yes, I think I'll reduce the number of items I individually link to save time)

2. Any suggestions on how to improve my site maintenance process...I love my C program as it builds a better cross-linked/indexed site than I ever could manually...but I hate the upload time...and want to try and stick to 1 update every couple of weeks...unless I can find a way to do incremental updates.

** Any suggestions - no matter how whacky considered for this one **

and from before

3. Regarding iMac/Sony laptop sweep - Is it just a case of waiting till these updates - or is it possible they magically transform into 100K sign-ups ? I only joined WebSponsors in late Feb, so I want to know if each sweep is _separately_ listed in sign ups total.

[This message has been edited by WildComputer (edited 03-20-99).]
Old 03-29-1999, 11:35 PM   #29
tteenie

Hi!
I am new to your board but find it rewarding and down to earth. WildComputer,,,I signed up for Websponsors March 3 and always have my clickthroughs updated daily. The answer to your question about sweeps -all in one- is NO...I get many, many signups for sweeps especially #88 World sweeps for free wallpaper for your pc. 100K does pretty good also. For others...I found the same offer of Websponsors accept credit cards $3.00 payout #170 at Commission Junction for
$10.00 so I've signed up with them now for just that ad in particular with real time stats. Websponsors has so far proven to me to be honest. I get about 1200 uniques to my new site a day. Thanks for letting me post guys!!!

tteenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-1999, 11:39 PM   #30
tteenie

Sorry WildComputer, I didn't proofread before submitting, since I'm getting tired, but what I meant by NO is that They do not combine my sweeps together...They are all listed individually. Pardon me ; ^)
tteenie is offline   Reply With Quote